• August 18, 2022, 06:35:05 am

Author Topic: anti-garbage  (Read 2203 times)

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
anti-garbage
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:47:41 pm »
Anti-Garbage

kids stupid he goes to my school.
If you want, watch the movie. If not, read the comments and comment (tell him his idea is dumb and wont work) Be smart about it don't just spam him with fag comments

Gloss

Re: anti-garbage
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:36 pm »
does he play starcraft too?

Jen

• Pro Ninja
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:17 pm »
I've heard of this idea before, but it won't catch on because of the inconvenience with handling extra containers/garbage each time, it's time consuming, and it's not hygienic. Not to mention that stores won't like it because it's way easier to steal things, the unsanitary handling of the cashier with food packages and cash, and again, the time consumption at checkout.

Just imagine 50 people all ripping packages open and putting it in their own bags. Or 100. Or 500.

I respect that guy for wanting to do something about it, but lets be realistic. You can come up with better ways with the same result. Perhaps talk to the actual industry and convince them to save materials and money by packaging less, or even prepare recyclable/reusable packaging. Or if it's that big of a deal to you, do organic farming. Or research other economically friendly ways to dispose of materials.

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:18:25 pm »
Thx Jen]

Cool Story Bro

• ~~~got weed?~~~
  • I'm Mr. SoLo DoLo
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »
such a stupid idea

~~got weed?~~

Jen

• Pro Ninja
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 03:56:26 pm »
you know, even if everyone in the world started doing that, there is still the same amount of garbage... it is still being thrown out o.o

Warden

• BNTA Admin
    • Battle.net Terrorist Alliance
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:32:09 pm »
you know, even if everyone in the world started doing that, there is still the same amount of garbage... it is still being thrown out o.o

His concept is appropriate but he doesn't go into further details and, doesn't address the issue of dealing with the garbage he left at the store.

How hard would it be to make a automated store where the customer doesn't even go inside? Thousands of crane's, hoists, conveyors to dispense your food in bags right in front of you or tupperware containers. Like a giant vending machine except as a store. Everything comes in the giant plastic/rubber bags that carbonated pop comes in for convience stores and, is automatically dispensed into your containers. You insert your cash than it is dispensed.. All the rubber/plastic bags could be washed and, reused. As for food like he said use the giant bulk containers.. I have a picture of this vending machine store in my head and, its pretty fucking awesome. The only problem would be processing multiple customers at the same time.

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 04:46:39 pm »
Who the fuck would want that? Supermarkets employ hundreds of people. Even after hours there are people there to stoke. Think of the jobs that would be lost.

Warden

• BNTA Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:55:20 pm »
Here's my reply quoted from youtube.

Your concept is pretty primitive and, could use some adjustments. Lets just turn supermarkets into giant vending machines. No one goes in the actual store where food an drinks are stored except maintenance personnel. You pay upfront at a register for your groceries and, a computer dispenses it into bags or containers as you desire. If you turn the store into a vending machine of sorts you eliminate all the individual waste. Gatorade can now be stored in 20 gallon barrels inside the store.

Refilled whenever empty much like how gas stations are refuelled. Food can be stored in giant bulk bins like you showed. Robotic arms and, cranes can transport "goods" to a conveyor belt that drops the "goods" into your bags/containers. Everything would be washed and, reused. Foods like meat would not contaminate the conveyor belt because you could have the underside submersed in a sanitization liquid & dried before it is having food placed on it again.

Im 22 and, have given this about 5 years of individual thought. Its pretty sad that our governments can't come to a similar idea as mine or itsUrChoice's.

Who the fuck would want that?

Presumably people who want to remain living on a healthy planet and, not below the surface with scorched skies.

Supermarkets employ hundreds of people. Even after hours there are people there to stock*. Think of the jobs that would be lost.

True jobs would be lost, but my concept would create new jobs. There would be people who would have to maintain the store, clean those places that pre-positioned machines cannot, refuelling drink containers, people to manage the computer responsible for automated registers, technicians to optimize or repair robotics in the store. Jobs would be lost & new jobs created, possibly even more jobs.

Mike & Anubis can find jobs developing a queue sharing server for the robotic arms to judge which arm is closest to which conveyor/customer product to optimize "shopping time".

I see your opposed to innovation but, have no real innovative comments of your own.

P.S. - Why would you post this in the flame section? It's more of a discussion, or did this kid make you butt hurt about something?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:00:55 pm by Warden »

ღღღ♥Karla♥ღღღ

• RAWR:)♥
  • ♥♥♥I♥U♥♥♥;)♥♥♥♥:)♥♥♥
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 05:24:21 pm »
Should throw that guy in the garbage!!! and his idea
♥♥Beauty Captures Attention, But Personality Captures The Heart♥♥

People told me slow my roll I'm screaming out fuck that
Imma do just what I want lookin’ ahead no turnin’ back
      -Kid Cudi♥

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 07:00:39 pm »
Here's my reply quoted from youtube.

Your concept is pretty primitive and, could use some adjustments. Lets just turn supermarkets into giant vending machines. No one goes in the actual store where food an drinks are stored except maintenance personnel. You pay upfront at a register for your groceries and, a computer dispenses it into bags or containers as you desire. If you turn the store into a vending machine of sorts you eliminate all the individual waste. Gatorade can now be stored in 20 gallon barrels inside the store.

Refilled whenever empty much like how gas stations are refuelled. Food can be stored in giant bulk bins like you showed. Robotic arms and, cranes can transport "goods" to a conveyor belt that drops the "goods" into your bags/containers. Everything would be washed and, reused. Foods like meat would not contaminate the conveyor belt because you could have the underside submersed in a sanitization liquid & dried before it is having food placed on it again.

Im 22 and, have given this about 5 years of individual thought. Its pretty sad that our governments can't come to a similar idea as mine or itsUrChoice's.

Who the fuck would want that?

Presumably people who want to remain living on a healthy planet and, not below the surface with scorched skies.

Supermarkets employ hundreds of people. Even after hours there are people there to stock*. Think of the jobs that would be lost.

True jobs would be lost, but my concept would create new jobs. There would be people who would have to maintain the store, clean those places that pre-positioned machines cannot, refuelling drink containers, people to manage the computer responsible for automated registers, technicians to optimize or repair robotics in the store. Jobs would be lost & new jobs created, possibly even more jobs.

Mike & Anubis can find jobs developing a queue sharing server for the robotic arms to judge which arm is closest to which conveyor/customer product to optimize "shopping time".

I see your opposed to innovation but, have no real innovative comments of your own.

P.S. - Why would you post this in the flame section? It's more of a discussion, or did this kid make you butt hurt about something?

Both the ideas are retarded. With all this talk about waste and shit, think about all the wasted energy. Think of the impact THAT would have, Is it really that more efficient? I hear what your saying but neither of you two are looking at it into detail. You change one thing its going to have an effect on other things. Your idea with having it as a "vending machine" would probably double if not triple the amount of power the building needs to run. Do you what sort of materials are use to keep machines running? Keep them lubricated? you know the amount of waste that would produce and how much more harmful it is to the environment?

Warden

• BNTA Admin
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 08:42:08 pm »
With all this talk about waste and shit, think about all the wasted energy. Think of the impact THAT would have, Is it really that more efficient? I hear what your saying but neither of you two are looking at it into detail. You change one thing its going to have an effect on other things. Your idea with having it as a "vending machine" would probably double if not triple the amount of power the building needs to run. Do you what sort of materials are use to keep machines running? Keep them lubricated? you know the amount of waste that would produce and how much more harmful it is to the environment?

I understand what your saying here about hydraulic & gear oils as well as the electricity consumption. Im pretty sure everything that you said would hurt the environment but wouldn't it kill off all the toxins and, pollution that goes into melting down all the plastics used for bottling stuff? The environmental impact by using the "vending machine store" idea is kind of moot in my opinion as the manufacturer would no longer be melting down plastics and, it would go then to the stores. As long as the stores were using a clean energy source such as wind or hydro generated power it would be a plus. Your basically taking everything like the gear oils from the manufacturing companies and, breaking them down and, sending them to the stores. I don't see a negative affect here.

There are sustainable clean energy sources and, aslong as those were implemented it would be a positive solution. Not to mention the Island of Waste in the ocean would no longer receive consumer waste. Most of everything used in shipping bulk goods is able to be cleaned and, reused without recycling. Recycling is a big energy consumer itself. I was pretty sickened when I learned what Britain? did with their garbage(basically just incinerated).

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 09:03:09 pm »
I think what we need to do here is find an alternative for plastic. That would be the cheapest, more realistic way we would see a change.
I know in Vancouver you are charged extra for plastic bags, They won't bag unless you ask, they more or less shove reusable bags in your face which my closest it full of and Yes I do use them. They no long have napkin dispensers at tables at some place, they want you to as for them. Maybe I see this video as being stupid bc there have been steps in trying to reduce the amount of waste in Vancouver. When I see this video it just makes me feel like my city has done nothing, when it has done a ton, when it comes to the environment.

Does something need to be done? Yes
Is what is posted in this video the way to do it? no

bolts

• Addict
  • CLAN OG my akas bolts,screenshot,warfare,tetris,
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »
Wow really? dont bag bananas and oranges....... thats just not right

Warden

• BNTA Admin
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 10:03:50 pm »
I think what we need to do here is find an alternative for plastic. That would be the cheapest, more realistic way we would see a change.
I know in Vancouver you are charged extra for plastic bags, They won't bag unless you ask, they more or less shove reusable bags in your face which my closest it full of and Yes I do use them. They no long have napkin dispensers at tables at some place, they want you to as for them. Maybe I see this video as being stupid bc there have been steps in trying to reduce the amount of waste in Vancouver. When I see this video it just makes me feel like my city has done nothing, when it has done a ton, when it comes to the environment.

Me and, my roomate moved to a new city and we went to the grocery store. When we walked up to the counter with $250 worth of groceries with no reuseable grocery bags in sight on us... she asked if we wanted bags.. I was like no we're just gunna carry all these fucking groceries out to the vehicle one at a time.

bolts

• Addict
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 10:06:01 pm »

Me and, my roomate moved to a new city and we went to the grocery store. When we walked up to the counter with $250 worth of groceries with no reuseable grocery bags in sight on us... she asked if we wanted bags.. I was like no we're just gunna carry all these fucking groceries out to the vehicle one at a time.

lol i lawled at when he said im going to carry all this at one time^.

Demo

• Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 02:37:24 am »
rofl copters. i saving bags is better to just use for shit.

Colby

• Super Moderator
  • SaNNy
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 01:28:50 pm »

LOL

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 01:35:09 pm »
Is he drunk?  He sounds like he's slurring his words the whole video...

bolts

• Addict
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 02:00:12 pm »
Is he drunk?  He sounds like he's slurring his words the whole video...

Now you said that he does kinda sound drunk

NouN

• NouN
  • Addict
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 02:52:17 pm »
Actually He was talking about like a Ranch Dispenser And stuff like tht that dishes it out....

newBalance by DzinerStudio