• August 18, 2022, 07:59:39 am

Author Topic: These people ruin it for the rest of them...  (Read 874 times)

Jen

• Pro Ninja
These people ruin it for the rest of them...
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:45:17 pm »
I apologize for those of you that know about this story (2006), but I recently discovered it. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it. Does anyone actually agree with them? It blows my mind.

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court justices Wednesday struggled with the free-speech question of whether fundamentalist church members have a right to picket funerals for dead soldiers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39531700/ns/politics?GT1=43001

church website: http://www.godhatesfags.com/ o.o
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:58:18 pm by Jen »

LeerRosh

• The Blader
  • Defeat is only defeat when you dont stand back up.
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
Re: These people ruin it for the rest of them...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:45:51 pm »
There was a recent case similar to this.  A family was having their funeral and some baptist church openly argued that he was killed because americans put up with homosexuality (which is kind of funny, as the military does not allow them).  This time, the father sued them and won the case.  However in the Virginia third circle of appeals, somehow they decided to overturn it and then charge the family a $16,000 fine for losing the appeal.  in anger they have brought it to the supreme court, nothing has come out about that yet, except for one thing.  Bill O'Reilly stated he would pay the fine if they lost, because it was extremely wrong of the courts to overturn that decision, and even if they did, they did not have to charge the 16k.

Bunch of Pinheads.
duh.
WINNING!

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:47 pm »
Legally they can definitely do that. It's more of a moral question of whether or not one should, but those people are amoral assholes.

They actually protested at my highschool two years back because one of the parents caught wind that the student body president was gay, and the parent organized them to come protest.

They were greeted with an even larger mob of pro-gay protesters, protesting their protest. And then things started being thrown... Long story short, I nailed what must've been a 65 year old man in his best sunday attire with a jelly doughnut. Not as much spash damage as I had hope for, but whatevs. Everything got broken up and everyone was forced to disperse within like an hour of it starting, due to kids from my school littering the protest in water balloons and whatever else they could find and then throw out the window of their cars.

So basically, if you ever encounter one of these protests, just be a dousher. Those people are all brainwashed borderline white supremacists. Fuck 'em.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:15:24 pm »
which is kind of funny, as the military does not allow them

The "don't ask, don't tell" policy is actually to protect homosexuals in the military.  If it was something that was openly known, it'd be hard to trust someone in a trench to cover you when he probably wants you dead anyways.  Not to mention the religious nut jobs who would probably just go off and beat the hell out of them anyways.

Back on topic, I think Michael Douglas said it best:

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".
This post has been thanked 1 time Jen

newBalance by DzinerStudio