• January 27, 2023, 11:46:37 pm

Author Topic: Iso Programmer  (Read 1961 times)

EKLIPz

• E-Kreationz
Iso Programmer
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:34 am »
I'm looking for someone with pretty decent programming knowledge of which ever language you feel comfortable with.(C#, C++, VB, Python, Java, etc) Recently I setup a Server for Minecraft so that I can host a world for friends to hang out on and build. However, the official server software for MineCraft(the software made by the creator of MC) has very little commands and control. However there are a lot of custom servers that have more commands and stuff that make them much better.
The problem is, many of them are outdated, or don't off JUST what I'm looking for. So I was wondering if someone could either create a new custom server, or rework an existing one based off a source so that it has what I need.

A current list of custom server software can be found here: http://173.192.164.106/wiki/Custom_server_list  and most of them have the source as well, if you need it for referencing. What I'm looking for most, is the ability to add custom commands. Most have set commands in which, you can edit SOME of the responses. But I'd like to be able to make new commands with custom responses.

I honestly don't think this would be hard to make, especially for some of those who have made bots. I'll go into more detail to whomever takes on the task, I just need someone who wouldn't mind doing it. I can pay ~25 which is what it costs to buy Minecraft, so that you can test things and to play if your interested.
"The only place that success comes before work is inside the dictionary"

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
Re: Iso Programmer
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:12:45 am »
The guy's story is pretty inspiring, actually. I like it. I hear there are two variations of the game, Minecraft Classic and Minecraft Alpha, so there are no servers for Alpha? The amount of different private server software seems interesting.
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

EKLIPz

• E-Kreationz
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20:09 am »
Yea, two version, being classic is outdated, and alpha is constantly updating as he adds things. Most servers run on classic because running on Alpha would require a lot of updating of the Mod Server. In classic, most physics don't apply. Water doesn't move, lava doesn't move, trees don't grow, and grass doesn't grow. I have purchased the game, and the alpha version is coming along nicely. But it's still fun playing classic on the server with friends.
Yea, many mod servers. It doesn't seem that notch cares too much, as they are advertised on the MC wiki and forums.
"The only place that success comes before work is inside the dictionary"

Tagban

• Aces Charles.. Aces.
  • Administrator
  • Addict
  • BNET.cc // Clan BNU@USEast
    • BNET.cc
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:22 pm »
I run a minecraft server as well:

bncc.dyndns.org  Its ALPHA server. Enjoy.
BNET.cc .. Mothers.. Lock up your daughters!

newBalance by DzinerStudio