• December 02, 2021, 08:17:33 pm

Author Topic: Add WebBot to your Bot  (Read 9713 times)

ben_fb

• Addict
Re: Add WebBot to your Bot
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »
WebBot is going to get a hell of a lot cooler, pretty soon.
why is that? I think scope's idea was well thought out but unless the coder protects the server from spam by filtering flood joins and leaves it can cause problems.

Or if he could allow UDP packets with a keep-alive connection that timed out, that would be even better. I dont think bandwidth would be as much of a problem then.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 03:44:24 pm »
Because I'm redoing WebBot.
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

Crisis

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »
vHORRIBLY BROKEN

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 02:38:24 am »
Quick update to the system:

Code: [Select]
-- Changed &o parameter to &fl (Flags)
---- Standard is 1 for operator, 0 for normal. (I have not accounted for lag plug and other flags yet).
-- Added option to send clan tag on user join. (Optional parameter &ct)

I have updated the original post with these modifications as well.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Punk

• Addict
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »
Start researching HTML5. You could take webbot even further.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 09:03:07 pm »
Nearly nothing in the HTML5 spec would make anything in the WebBot better. People have abused the word HTML5 so much that it lost its meaning.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

Punk

• Addict
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 02:07:17 pm »
HTML is an acronym :-P

It seems though HTML has become more communication-friendly opposed to previous versions. And I don't believe I am using HTML5 out of context when I said he could probably elaborate on more ideas with HTML5. Heck, HTML5 has a long way to go before it can even be considered "complete"; i'm sure there will be much more to come with it.

I thought this was interesting. http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 12:16:16 am »
-- Added new 0x01 method. You can now handle 0x01 (Users Already in channel) in a single URL.

Updated original post with how to do it. Post if any questions.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 01:24:47 am »

It seems though HTML has become more communication-friendly opposed to previous versions. And I don't believe I am using HTML5 out of context when I said he could probably elaborate on more ideas with HTML5. Heck, HTML5 has a long way to go before it can even be considered "complete"; i'm sure there will be much more to come with it.

Why are you advocating for the use of incomplete portions of the standards? WebSocket is Working Draft, and has a lot of problems, and differing implementations across at most, two browsers. That doesn't sound like HTML5 would help more than it'd hurt.

This is why things like Silverlight really shine, we've had all this, and then some, for about a year and a half, implemented the same across every major browser, and two operating systems. It's the obvious choice.

Tagban

• Aces Charles.. Aces.
  • Administrator
  • Addict
  • BNET.cc // Clan BNU@USEast
    • BNET.cc
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:24 am »
Added to Invigoration, will be in next release. Currently testing:
http://webbot.bnetweb.org/tagban.html

Notice, I need to re-write part of my bot handling flags. :)
BNET.cc .. Mothers.. Lock up your daughters!

Punk

• Addict
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35:55 am »

Why are you advocating for the use of incomplete portions of the standards? WebSocket is Working Draft, and has a lot of problems, and differing implementations across at most, two browsers. That doesn't sound like HTML5 would help more than it'd hurt.

This is why things like Silverlight really shine, we've had all this, and then some, for about a year and a half, implemented the same across every major browser, and two operating systems. It's the obvious choice.

Oh, I agree with you all the way. Silverlight is most definently the best choice as far as development platform, but I'm pretty sure Scope isn't heading that direction unless you intend to write it for him; hence why I said HTML5 and not Silverlight. I've certaintly given it great consideration to work with .NET more so I can mess with Silverlight.

You're right about WebSocket being a work draft but in a year, at the most, you will see that feature being standardized on several browsers.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 12:53:15 am »
I think you're way too optimistic about the snails pace at which the W3C works. That, and it'd have to wait at least until the next major IE revision + about a year for it to cannibalize IE8/9 stuff for websockets to really become defacto.

I suppose you could make the webbot prettier, use new dom manipulation stuff, but none of it is anything ground breaking. Just makes it easier to use, nothing really functionally advantageous from a perf standpoint.

And yes, I am writing it for him.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »
-- Added idle status. If user hasn't talked in >5 minutes, channel list will gray out his/her username.
-- Hovering over any given username in channel list will display how long that user has been idle (limited to time WebBot has been in channel)
-- Added ability to resize chat/channel list. Simply click and drag edges to resize. (per user basis, setting is not saved)

None of these additions will affect overall functionality to your implementations.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:39:03 pm by Scope »

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 03:33:27 pm »
-- Added Function 19 (f=19)
---- This is meant for the bot's self-talk function. It will color the username a shade of blue to help distinguish when the WebBot talks.

Updated original post with this addition. Look at 0x05 for example.

LeV

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 01:28:31 am »
make a irc webbot ok thanksss
irc.vile.ws:6667 join come play stay lay

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 02:08:39 am »
There are many IRC relayers that provide the same service as webbot and do it much better. Some don't even require a bot, such as mibbit. Theres no need to make a webbot for irc as you can relay irc instantaneously, and not have to worry about ipban, etc. My webbot for IRC is impractical seeing as there is a 4 second delay between messages

AwaKening

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 05:06:36 pm »
A function to clear the channel users would be nice.  clr+channel clears the channel name and users

Perhaps clr+users

кηιgнтяι∂єя

• Funny huh?
  • Clan RaGe
    • .::Clan RaGe::.
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »
To clear the chat window. Like, an option to clear the window(like A&O and some other bots) has the option to clear the window screen, and once its clear, the webbot also clears the window.

newBalance by DzinerStudio