• January 22, 2022, 08:58:01 pm

Author Topic: Asgard4 is coming!  (Read 13345 times)

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
Re: Asgard4 is coming!
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2010, 07:57:35 pm »
Nope, I'm pretty much right. It's too windows specific, and assumes calling conventions which don't hold true on every platform.
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2010, 08:00:09 pm »
I have the full SDK if you really want it.

Anti-Liberal

• Enthusiast
  • Anime Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 04:21:29 am »
Asgard 4 looks pretty slick. It has similar features to Neglected Fury but appears to be much more intuitive and efficient.

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2010, 08:37:44 am »
Well, i researched making Asgard4 run as a service. It seems it will requires me to create an entirely new project and would most likely be windows only. I think i will start a vote if people want cross platform or a windows service. If it turns out people want a windows service I will then look into adding BCP. aknaip can you post everything you have regarding BCP in a zip file please?

Vote Here
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:41:28 am by Mike »

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2010, 08:43:24 am »
wouldnt it rather be possible to run it cross platform and have them communicate cross server?

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2010, 08:47:02 am »
wouldnt it rather be possible to run it cross platform and have them communicate cross server?
If reference to what? as a service? as warrior stated BCP is not meant for linux. I really don't have much interest in linux but depending how the vote goes will decide the fate of the project. I personally only require a simple c++ ops bot which works on windows which is my main operating system. I don't require plugins or a GUI or anything beyond the scope of a simple c++ ops bot.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:49:38 am by Mike »

Matt

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 09:18:35 am »
It would be good to have another Linux bot out there.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 09:33:14 am »
It would be good to have another Linux bot out there.
agreed.

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 09:57:30 am »
There's no reason you can't write code that will run as a service on Windows and a daemon on Linux.  The appeal of the service however is that the bot itself doesn't have a front end.  So you would probably need to develop some sort of proprietary protocol to allow "viewers" (similar to how the old telnet servers worked, but with a GUI obviously) to connect to the service and interface with the connections.  This means you could chat on the same connection from multiple places.  It also means you could build other clients on top of it, perhaps an iPhone app or a browser bot.

My suggestion: don't remake every other stupid bot that people have been doing for the past 13 years.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:19 am »
There's no reason you can't write code that will run as a service on Windows and a daemon on Linux.  The appeal of the service however is that the bot itself doesn't have a front end.  So you would probably need to develop some sort of proprietary protocol to allow "viewers" (similar to how the old telnet servers worked, but with a GUI obviously) to connect to the service and interface with the connections.  This means you could chat on the same connection from multiple places.  It also means you could build other clients on top of it, perhaps an iPhone app or a browser bot.

My suggestion: don't remake every other stupid bot that people have been doing for the past 13 years.
I like pinkys idea (what a surprise)

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 10:43:05 am »
Well due to a joint venture of a new project Asgard4 will be closed.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 10:30:41 pm »
Just join my project *sigh*

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

Daniele

• Thee Linux Penguin
  • Jägermeister
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 04:58:03 am »
what's the point of having no gui? how does it benefit us, or the bot? im guessing that having no gui will make nerds feel cooler?
Why not make the bot lightweight? sometimes having a big fancy gui slows the bot down and if it's a mod bot the less the better.

Anyway Mike can't wait for your next release as the asgard bot series is one of my favorites.
<--- First ever Member of the month ;)

Matt

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 05:35:07 am »
A well designed bot should have no performance impacts from having a GUI.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 05:43:27 am »
Finally! Someone gets it. Felt like I was talking to a wall. Superiority is exhibit A.

Daniele

• Thee Linux Penguin
  • Jägermeister
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 12:49:20 pm »
A well designed bot should have no performance impacts from having a GUI.
Hmmm I suppose your right but a minimalistic gui or no gui is better then something with a big fancy gui in my opinion.
<--- First ever Member of the month ;)

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 12:51:36 pm »
Since i don't have the time to work on Asgard4 i may be releasing what i have open source.
This post has been thanked 1 time Daniele

newBalance by DzinerStudio