• July 09, 2020, 10:07:21 PM

Author Topic: Starcraft 2 map editor  (Read 2748 times)

K i n g o f K i n g s

Starcraft 2 map editor
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »
I love the starcraft 2 map editor. I am incredibly impressed by it and its 3D-ness. What do yall think?

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

Crux

Re: Starcraft 2 map editor
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »
I like it, but it seems like the Warcraft 3 Editor too much which I don't like. :(
If you don't acknowledge your failures, you'll never fail. -Tobuscus

Crisis

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:13:45 PM »
Crazy shit's gonna happen with Galaxy Editor. I've already seen people make final fantasy.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
Crazy shit's gonna happen with Galaxy Editor. I've already seen people make final fantasy.
I thought the chess game was impressive even though idk how to play chess lol.

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.

Crux

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »
I thought the chess game was impressive even though idk how to play chess lol.

How do you not know how to play chess?

Crisis

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
I've actually played chess on SC1, using EUDs. It was pretty wicked.

and Sean, people just don't know some things. I guess they were never taught. :( I've met people who didn't know how to play rock paper scissors once.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
i had bad phrasing. i know how to play, but suck at it.

Matt

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:57 AM »
I like it, but it seems like the Warcraft 3 Editor too much which I don't like. :(

Well considering how advanced the WC3 editor was, it's not surprising it seems the same. It's not like you can reinvent the wheel, nor should you, with these types of things. Keeping it the same as the WC3 editor allows you to jump right into without a big learning curve.

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »
I don't know how to play chess =/

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »

Well considering how advanced the WC3 editor was, it's not surprising it seems the same. It's not like you can reinvent the wheel, nor should you, with these types of things. Keeping it the same as the WC3 editor allows you to jump right into without a big learning curve.
I agree completely

Crux

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 02:48:43 PM »

For me, it might be have a bit of learning involved, or just screwing around, because I never used it since I never played Warcraft really.

Matt

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »

For me, it might be have a bit of learning involved, or just screwing around, because I never used it since I never played Warcraft really.

I just assumed since you seemed to know about the editor. Theres a lot of WC3 map makers coming over to Starcraft 2, since WC3 is basically just Dota these days and the prospects of many more people.

The way Blizzard has made the Custom Games interface might be pretty hard for new maps to take off tho, ordering it from popular to not popular

Crux

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »

I just assumed since you seemed to know about the editor. Theres a lot of WC3 map makers coming over to Starcraft 2, since WC3 is basically just Dota these days and the prospects of many more people.

The way Blizzard has made the Custom Games interface might be pretty hard for new maps to take off tho, ordering it from popular to not popular

Yeah, if you did, you would have to make one early so every map is under the category of non-popular so people will play it then it becomes popular. Really any later than the first month, you'll have a tough time getting your map up there.

newBalance by DzinerStudio