• November 29, 2021, 03:23:53 pm

Author Topic: eminem - recovery  (Read 9827 times)

Yegg

Re: eminem - recovery
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 09:58:51 pm »
Yeah, but going back to being a good mainstream rapper, he is the absolute opposite. The only reason that he is 'out there' is because people, who I believe are completely stupid. From his stupidity, and the stupidity of people who listen to him, make him only want to put out a catchy tune as you pointed out. The music listeners do not give 1/16 of a shit about his lyrics, just the sound of the song. Because of this lack of interest of the lyrics, he does not need to sing about things that go deep enough to go into the everyday life of the people who listen to, which is a very wide audience. I do not care if you listen to him, but there is no real reason that he can be proved to be a good entertainer (He is not an artist.).
Well any rapper is an artist. Some better than others. We can't go comparing everyone lyrically to say... The Beatles (or replace that with some famous band with famous lyrics). I've heard many songs by Eminem that have a deep meaning. The people who listen to certain radio stations (the mainstream stations) are most of the time not looking for meaningful lyrics. But it doesn't mean the artist doesn't have a lot of fans who do look for meaningful lyrics.

Crux

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 10:03:17 pm »
Well, you have to remember that much of the listeners, not saying all but, are teenagers who do not look at the lyrics. If you could give me an example of any song with real meaningful lyrics, then I might not call him a horrible artist, but nothing could persuade me to even give a though of listening to his music regularly.
If you don't acknowledge your failures, you'll never fail. -Tobuscus

Yegg

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 10:23:34 pm »
Eminem - Beautiful
     :       http://www.metrolyrics.com/beautiful-lyrics-eminem.html

Eminem - When I'm Gone
      :       http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/whenimgone.html

Eminem - Cleanin' Out My Closet
    :       http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/cleaninoutmycloset.html

Here's a few. But I can't spend all night listing songs, I've got other things to do :).

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »
Rap as a genre in my opinion is garbage. Most of these guys just write shit then 'rap' to a beat and that's it. That's not making music. Take out the beat, and its just poetry. Real artists write lyrics, create their own beats or music and actually sing, not talk into a mic. Kanye West maybe a faggot, but I respect him enough because he writes/produces his own music, which many other artists these days don't do.

The radio in north america play such garbage. I can't stand listening to the radio. Kids these days just want something catchy. Hip Hop/Rap needs to die. Kids need to stop dressing with baggy ass shit thinking they are thugs.

Yegg

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 11:23:30 pm »
Rap as a genre in my opinion is garbage. Most of these guys just write shit then 'rap' to a beat and that's it. That's not making music. Take out the beat, and its just poetry. Real artists write lyrics, create their own beats or music and actually sing, not talk into a mic. Kanye West maybe a faggot, but I respect him enough because he writes/produces his own music, which many other artists these days don't do.

The radio in north america play such garbage. I can't stand listening to the radio. Kids these days just want something catchy. Hip Hop/Rap needs to die. Kids need to stop dressing with baggy ass shit thinking they are thugs.
It isn't isolated to North America.

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 12:42:55 am »
There's a lot of much better music being played in the UK and Europe, such as grime, drum n bass, dubstep. The music in north america is so crap. We need to move out of the shitty rap/hip hop phase and get into real music. We need radio stations that only play metalcore, deathcore, dnb/dubstep. I'm sure theres some in the US, but in Canada I don't think there are any.

Yegg

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2010, 10:42:24 am »
There's a lot of much better music being played in the UK and Europe, such as grime, drum n bass, dubstep. The music in north america is so crap. We need to move out of the shitty rap/hip hop phase and get into real music. We need radio stations that only play metalcore, deathcore, dnb/dubstep. I'm sure theres some in the US, but in Canada I don't think there are any.

So now only metalcore, deathcore, and dnb/dubstep (whatever that is) are the only genres that matter? That is all merely your opinion, which doesn't even matter.

This is outside of North America, but is this genre not considered good music to you?

Sonata Arctica - Paid In Full
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:44:48 am by Yegg »

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 10:54:20 am »
I was giving some examples of genres you don't hear at all, or barely hear, on the radio. But you will hear it outside of north america. There are tons of other genres out there that you won't be able to find on radio stations.

That song in my opinion sucks. Nightwish is better.

Crux

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2010, 11:04:14 am »

So now only metalcore, deathcore, and dnb/dubstep (whatever that is) are the only genres that matter? That is all merely your opinion, which doesn't even matter.

This is outside of North America, but is this genre not considered good music to you?

Sonata Arctica - Paid In Full

Yeah, I have to agree with Yegg. That is merely your opinion alone out of millions which will not effect anything. 'Two Posts Up', Not all rap or hip-hop is bad. I will agree that there are many artists that do ruin the genre rapping about, as previously said, money, reputation, women, or 'swag', or something other people have no relation to, usually. But, because many rappers do rap about these subjects, many people just generalize rap as only this. All you have to do is look for good rap, not the radio. Listening to the radio only produces garbage rap.

And the song does suck, in my opinion.

Edit:
I was giving some examples of genres you don't hear at all, or barely hear, on the radio. But you will hear it outside of north america. There are tons of other genres out there that you won't be able to find on radio stations.

That song in my opinion sucks. Nightwish is better.

You weren't really just giving examples, you were telling rap is crap, along with most of America's common music.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:06:15 am by Prime »

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2010, 11:16:11 am »
Yea, most of america's music IS crap. Mainly the shit you hear on radios. Call it opinion, I don't care. Just because alot of people like it, does not make it good music. It just shows that Americans prefer listening to garbage on their radio stations. Take Lady GaGa for example, her songs are pure bullshit. In one of her songs shes just mumbling random crap out of her mouth. Most of the rap songs are all the same. As you mentioned already, its always about money, bitches, etc...

But, Hip hop is the WORSE shit you will ever hear.

Here's an example
Eat Dat Watermelon

Nas is pretty much dissing hip hop. Stupid fucks can make a song out of anything, with no musical talent required. Just repeat the same word over and over again, put a beat, and you got a song.

I'm sorry, but you can not say that the shit being played on the radio is good music. You just need to widen your taste in music and start listening to real stuff. Get away from the radio. Sure, there are some good songs that will be played from time to time, but it's rare.

chief

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2010, 11:23:12 am »
Just repeat the same word over and over again, put a beat, and you got a song.
sounds like techno more like it
This post has been thanked 2 times EyeEmFhoreYewTewEnVee, steve

Crux

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 11:46:00 am »
Yea, most of america's music IS crap. Mainly the shit you hear on radios. Call it opinion, I don't care. Just because alot of people like it, does not make it good music. It just shows that Americans prefer listening to garbage on their radio stations. Take Lady GaGa for example, her songs are pure bullshit. In one of her songs shes just mumbling random crap out of her mouth. Most of the rap songs are all the same. As you mentioned already, its always about money, bitches, etc...

But, Hip hop is the WORSE shit you will ever hear.

Here's an example
Link Removed

Nas is pretty much dissing hip hop. Stupid fucks can make a song out of anything, with no musical talent required. Just repeat the same word over and over again, put a beat, and you got a song.

I'm sorry, but you can not say that the shit being played on the radio is good music. You just need to widen your taste in music and start listening to real stuff. Get away from the radio. Sure, there are some good songs that will be played from time to time, but it's rare.
^^'
May be popular, but this doesn't make him a good artist. He should of been taken down along time ago, along with his bad music.

Also, you picked a horrible song. I did, however, lol very hard. The thing is though that you cannot use that song to describe all of hip-hop. That's one song of all of hip-hop music, which absolutely sucked camel dick. There is much better hip-hop music out there to listen to. It may not be advertised on the radio, but if you look around, you're bound to find the good.

Crisis

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 11:53:01 am »

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 12:13:46 pm »
You clearly didn't understand the point of that video. It was a spoof making fun of hip hop because that is how the majority of hip hop does sound. Yes, I can pick that song to describe hip hop because that's what most songs sounds like today. As Nas said at the end of the video, if that shit don't stop, hip hop is dead.

EyeEmFhoreYewTewEnVee

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 12:21:46 pm »
blah blah blah, you guys are stupid. noone cares why you rage about rap justice. just listen to your techno and shh on this subject.
the cd is amazing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:23:46 pm by Adema »

Yegg

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2010, 12:25:42 pm »
Justice: The problem is that you're not being specific at all. You're saying stuff like "all Americans" this or "all music on radio" this, etc. It's inaccurate. There's thousands of radio stations in the US. One of the stations in my state plays only rock, mostly harder rock, metal, etc. Stuff you'd probably like. It's a big radio station, but it's not a corporate or mainstream radio station. The stations playing the shitty music are the huge corporate mainstream stations. There's still a lot of great music on the radio, it's just not being played on the mainstream radio stations for the majority of the time.
One of the top rock stations over here has days where the entire day consists of music requested by the callers (of course, the people who listen to it all listen to forms of rock so they're not going to pick something like say.. hip hop). So it won't be just stuff the radio station selects.
I'm not too big on rap in general, but there's some artists I do like to listen to and I can see how they actually have talent and make good music. I don't go around saying they all suck.

THIS. THIS is the kind of music that is retarded. It's also probably what in part inspired that Eat Dat Watermelon video.

Ying Yang Twins - Naggin'

LOL!?!

Another example:

Lil Jon - get low music movie !

Seriously?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:30:47 pm by Yegg »

EyeEmFhoreYewTewEnVee

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2010, 12:27:43 pm »
That song is for you yegg 'whomp whomp whomp whomp whommpppp' that's all that i read from your posts.

Yegg

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2010, 12:32:16 pm »
That song is for you yegg 'whomp whomp whomp whomp whommpppp' that's all that i read from your posts.

кηιgнтяι∂єя

• Funny huh?
  • Clan RaGe
    • .::Clan RaGe::.
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 12:42:10 pm »
The link is dead :P can you fix?

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 12:43:12 pm »
blah blah blah, you guys are stupid. noone cares why you rage about rap justice. just listen to your techno and shh on this subject.
the cd is amazing.

I don't listen to techno, but thanks.

Yegg, the problem here in Canada is that there is pretty much only mainstream radio. There are barely any good radio stations (none that I know of). So when I turn on the radio, I only hear that shit. So I was assuming that most of the radio stations in the US would be the same.

Yegg

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2010, 01:01:48 pm »
The link is dead :P can you fix?
The link is not dead.

Yegg, the problem here in Canada is that there is pretty much only mainstream radio. There are barely any good radio stations (none that I know of). So when I turn on the radio, I only hear that shit. So I was assuming that most of the radio stations in the US would be the same.
I can't say for most US stations, since I only live in Connecticut. It's a small state so there aren't many stations to begin with, but there's 3 main rock stations, and maybe like 6 or 7 mainstream stations that play stuff like certain types of rap, hip hop, R&B, etc. The 3 rock stations are a mostly 80s rock station, an alternative rock station, and a station that plays all sorts of rock (mostly heavier stuff). There's some other stations with soft rock, but I don't listen to those stations.

Crux

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »
the cd is amazing.

Yes, when I turn on the radio to listen to music, rarely if I can't find my IPod, I usually find shitty, garbage music when scanning through the stations. Not sure if I'm looking in the right places, but Canadian, as well as American radio, are very heavily populated with garbage music that just plain sucks.

the cd is amazing.

Yeah, they're better than the heavier populated states like New York where they have some many varieties of music playing on the radio where garbage is found.

Yegg

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2010, 01:53:41 pm »
the cd is amazing.

Yes, when I turn on the radio to listen to music, rarely if I can't find my IPod, I usually find shitty, garbage music when scanning through the stations. Not sure if I'm looking in the right places, but Canadian, as well as American radio, are very heavily populated with garbage music that just plain sucks.

the cd is amazing.

Yeah, they're better than the heavier populated states like New York where they have some many varieties of music playing on the radio where garbage is found.
I don't understand what you're saying about radio stations in populated states such as New York.

Crux

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »
Please correct me if I'm wrong about this. I'm just trying to say that in New York, they're is more 'garbage' music then smaller states such as Connecticut or Rhode Island. Just saying that larger states contain most of the bad music then the smaller states with less radio stations.

chief

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 02:17:10 pm »
Please correct me if I'm wrong about this. I'm just trying to say that in New York, they're is more 'garbage' music then smaller states such as Connecticut or Rhode Island. Just saying that larger states contain most of the bad music then the smaller states with less radio stations.
Not really, New York has about the same amount as Arizona when it comes to radio stations, or are you referring to New York City?

newBalance by DzinerStudio