• December 02, 2021, 08:01:04 pm

Author Topic: Incorrect WcIII Icons  (Read 1207 times)

HunterOriginal

Incorrect WcIII Icons
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:36:34 am »
When people enter channels you get the standard message. (HunterOriginal@Azeroth {78ms} has joined the channel using Warcraft III The Frozen Throne with the Destroyer icon. ) However, I have a banshee icon. It seems to be naming the incorrect icon for each user that joins the channel.

Also if it's not too much trouble, might we see wcIII icons/clans displayed next to people's names even if you're logged in as a starcraft user? (Similar to Stealthbot)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:39:56 am by HunterOriginal »

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
Re: Incorrect WcIII Icons
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 01:17:30 am »
I'll note the incorrect icon names for next release, however to get the WAR3 clan tag if the WebBot isn't on WAR3 client is very difficult. The WebBot is already load-heavy and to add another HTTP request to find the clan tag might be overwhelming. Nonetheless, we'll take it into consideration.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

HunterOriginal

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:21:22 am »
I was under the impression that you could find clan the same way you found what icon the player had. For example:
HunterOriginal@Azeroth [78ms] has joined the channel using WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (Level: 0, icon tier Human, peon icon, in clan THA)
I didn't realize you needed it to be an HTTP request?

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 01:24:37 pm »
I was under the impression that you could find clan the same way you found what icon the player had. For example:
HunterOriginal@Azeroth [78ms] has joined the channel using WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (Level: 0, icon tier Human, peon icon, in clan THA)
I didn't realize you needed it to be an HTTP request?

That is accomplished easily if the WebBot is already on WAR3. As the WAR3 bot can just request those packets, however non WAR3 clients cannot request them, and must be obtained some other way.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

newBalance by DzinerStudio