• January 22, 2022, 10:42:43 pm

Author Topic: D2 Patch 1.13 BnetWeb Thread  (Read 2215 times)

Glyph

• Huzzah!
D2 Patch 1.13 BnetWeb Thread
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:45:24 pm »
Here, we will post all information we have accumulated from breadcrumbs left by the good folks at blizzard. :D

I will start with my knowledge.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=16904296443&sid=3000
Quote from: 'Bashiok'
It's coming along. We're still in the process of refining and testing the changes going into the patch. Work is progressing, we haven't stopped working on it or anything like that.

As far as information of what's being changed in the patch, almost anything we're working on now could be removed. Testing could deem any change unworkable and we'd have to remove it. By releasing any information on possible changes we'd be raising expectations that the change is guaranteed to make it in, no matter how many disclaimers we place on it. That said, one change we're planning is to increase the stash size to 12x10. As I said it is in no way a guaranteed change. Any number of reasons could mean it will not make it into the final patch. But enjoy the breadcrumb maybe?

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=16474166159&postId=164724546496&sid=3000#0
So yeah, we're still working on the patch. It's coming along really well. We're getting there. I can't give an estimate or date, we're expecting there to be a good amount of testing required due to the types of changes being made. We want to take our time and put out a solid patch, and that means we don't have a release date right now.

Some exciting news - and it also may be some comfort - due to the types of changes we're making we will be offering the Diablo II 1.13 patch for testing and feedback on a test realm before its release. We'll have more information about how you'll be able to help test it in the coming weeks.

To anyone questioning the release date of the patch, see below.

We try to give everyone at least a two week notice before a ladder reset. When it became apparent that the patch could potentially launch in two weeks, we put up an announcement just in case.

Now, even though no promises were given it's going to create some hope that it will be out, but we can only do so much to balance between expectation and information that's necessary for the community to have.

Glyph

• Huzzah!
Re: D2 Patch 1.13 BnetWeb Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
Information that I theorize:
Patch will not be out for some time, as of a few weeks ago blizzard asked the Diablo II community which patch fixes, or features they would like to see. With that being done, I doubt blizzard would create these over night. It takes time to code these things.

What they may do: release a beta realm like they did with westfall on Warcraft III, then add changes as they go along.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:26:55 pm »
I could see them releasing a beta realm. I am not sure though. Maybe they are drawing it out longer so users get a longer ladder period in 1.12?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Glyph

• Huzzah!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:00:31 am »
I could see them releasing a beta realm. I am not sure though. Maybe they are drawing it out longer so users get a longer ladder period in 1.12?
Sounds like this is exactly what they are doing.

I remember Bashiok replying about a d2jsp / lad reset thread saying that everything is working as intended. (To mess with the d2jsp economy?)

Either way, we should not be on the edge of our seats for some d2jsp experiment...

I'm sure Blizzard is getting close to releasing the patch! I'm not too taken on the whole "mess with the d2jsp economy" idea yet. Just by reading the thread where Bashiok made the remark made me wonder.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:31:45 am by Glyph »

newBalance by DzinerStudio