• July 05, 2022, 04:50:21 am

Author Topic: Operation: Global Blackout  (Read 6185 times)

Smartass

• Addict
Operation: Global Blackout
« on: January 24, 2012, 03:43:35 am »
This is what happens when you take something away that affects the lives of many over ideals that fuck everything up. The public has cried out in rage and confusion, and Anonymous has answered. This thread will be used to post the updates of Operation: Global Blackout.

If anything else comes up in which someone runs into that I haven't got to yet, feel free to share.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:56:31 pm by Smartass »

Smartass

• Addict
Re: Operation: Global Blackout
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »
Anonymous has been working tediously the past couple of days, taking down several websites momentarily (CIA and the FBI yesterday along with Sunday's attack on CBS and UMG, who was also accompanied by similar initiatives on foreign websites linked to anti-copyright legislation, including Polish and French government sites). The link containing all of the information is posted below:

http://rt.com/usa/news/anonymous-facebook-cbs-loic-493/

track

• Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »
anonymous is retarded...who da fuck cares about ddos..

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »
anonymous is retarded...who da fuck cares about ddos..

Don't be so simple and close-minded. It's more than just a simple ddos, of course anyone can do that. But we're talking about major organizations, government organizations. Attacks that could alter our safety, security, and/or economy.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:53 pm »
I think what track was saying is that ddosing a website doesn't do shit.  Who cares if their site is down for a couple days?

In any case, all three of those videos have been taken down.

кηιgнтяι∂єя

• Funny huh?
  • Clan RaGe
    • .::Clan RaGe::.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »
Video no longer available. Claim by Karen J.

track

• Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »
I think what track was saying is that ddosing a website doesn't do shit.  Who cares if their site is down for a couple days?

In any case, all three of those videos have been taken down.

this.

like the gov said...they took down the largest file sharing network...and its gone longer than what anonymous can keep the gov sites from operating...

now if anonymous can ddos the site and keep it down forever than that would be something however thats not gonna happen.

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »
I'll go ahead and remove the videos since they got taken down.

In any case, we all know that they don't have the capability to keep a site down permanently. But they have the capabilities to continuously ravage social networking sites and government sites to get a point across. Not to mention they have collateral just in case it has to come to it (which I'm sure it won't), and one of their attacks was on the UN, gathering thousands of user credit information.

Does it really matter if a website is taken down, even if it's for a couple days or even a few hours? Yes it does. Because it shows that there are vulnerabilities and points out flaws that even our government security systems can be breached. It shows that our national security is capable of being compromised and your freedom may not be so "free" after all.

like the gov said...they took down the largest file sharing network...and its gone longer than what anonymous can keep the gov sites from operating...

Actually after the havoc that Anonymous has caused these past few days, Megauploads is going to be returning (I don't know when, unfortunately). Except it's losing its File Sharing privileges... which kind of takes away the point of the website, but basically it'll turn out like an off-brand garbage version of thepiratebay.org.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:03:37 pm by Smartass »

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:42:08 am »
You're conflating security with stability/scalability.  Just because you can overpower a site and deny service to other users, does not mean you're "breaching" government systems.  I'm not saying this isn't a just cause; I'm saying that ddosing some sites is a drop in a bucket.  It's like protesting McDonald's by taking down some of their highway billboards.  Do you think they really give a fuck?

Gloss

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »
raging hackers..

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:30:15 pm »
Just because you can overpower a site and deny service to other users, does not mean you're "breaching" government systems.
True. But it's used as a distraction for what your real intentions are. You really think it's a smart idea to just casually let yourself into a government system without giving them some sort of distraction in a different area instead of throwing them a problem and expect it to go unanswered/unsolved? That's shear stupidity and ignorance.

I agree with you that DDoSing a website is rather pointless, but their intention isn't just to take down a website and expect the world to worship them.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 03:16:00 am »
True. But it's used as a distraction for what your real intentions are. You really think it's a smart idea to just casually let yourself into a government system without giving them some sort of distraction in a different area instead of throwing them a problem and expect it to go unanswered/unsolved? That's shear stupidity and ignorance.

I agree with you that DDoSing a website is rather pointless, but their intention isn't just to take down a website and expect the world to worship them.

None of this makes any sense.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
  • Defeat is only defeat when you dont stand back up.
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:12 am »
Actually pianka, he is saying that he believes Anonymous is hatching a real attack while throwing the attacks on the websites as a distraction and to put their name out there to the world.

Makes perfect sense.
duh.
WINNING!

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:32:42 am »
I understood him; it just doesn't make sense.  How could he possibly know that?  It's just speculation.  In any case, if he's right and junior detective smartass here figured out Anonymous' master plan, then do you really think world class security guys couldn't?

Then there's some out of left field comment about the world worshiping them, which makes me think he doesn't understand Anonymous or this situation at all.  In any case, it's random and irrelevant.

And welcome back, pal.  This forum has experienced a void of people who lack critical thinking lately.
This post has been thanked 1 time Colby

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 11:58:47 am »
I gotta say, I think Leer is right in this case; I think they do have bigger plans than what they have done thus far.

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »
if he's right and junior detective smartass here figured out Anonymous' master plan
You give me too much credit, lol. And no, I haven't figured out their master plan just yet because it's anonymous. Nobody knows just exactly what they do or when they're going to do it. Like the supposedly attack on Facebook that was going to happen on the 28th at midnight; it didn't. It was just for them to redirect their intentions and concentration on one thing while they do something somewhere else to another. This is a common tactic for a hacker, anyone who has been around that field before knows this strategy.

As for this topic, I hate to admit that I haven't really been keeping up with it like I should have which is really irresponsible. However, I do have a valid excuse for it. Just found out a couple days ago that I'm getting deployed to Bahrain, just off the coast of Saudi Arabia in the Middle East. So my time left here to enjoy my free time is limited and spent doing things with my friends and training to get ready to leave, not spend staring at pixels trying to keep up with the latest in hacking news. I apologize but this subject is one of the few on my priority list that is at the rock bottom. If someone else wants to take it over, feel free to do so. In the meantime, I'll check back every so often to see what's up.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
I gotta say, I think Leer is right in this case; I think they do have bigger plans than what they have done thus far.

I'm not saying they do or they don't.  I'm saying the thing Smartass is suggesting is unlikely, and definitely not based in evidence (which isn't something LeerRosh cares about anyways).

You give me too much credit, lol. And no, I haven't figured out their master plan just yet because it's anonymous. Nobody knows just exactly what they do or when they're going to do it. Like the supposedly attack on Facebook that was going to happen on the 28th at midnight; it didn't. It was just for them to redirect their intentions and concentration on one thing while they do something somewhere else to another. This is a common tactic for a hacker, anyone who has been around that field before knows this strategy.

As for this topic, I hate to admit that I haven't really been keeping up with it like I should have which is really irresponsible. However, I do have a valid excuse for it. Just found out a couple days ago that I'm getting deployed to Bahrain, just off the coast of Saudi Arabia in the Middle East. So my time left here to enjoy my free time is limited and spent doing things with my friends and training to get ready to leave, not spend staring at pixels trying to keep up with the latest in hacking news. I apologize but this subject is one of the few on my priority list that is at the rock bottom. If someone else wants to take it over, feel free to do so. In the meantime, I'll check back every so often to see what's up.

Word, well don't die.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56:38 pm »

I'm not saying they do or they don't.  I'm saying the thing Smartass is suggesting is unlikely, and definitely not based in evidence (which isn't something LeerRosh cares about anyways).

Still trying the old make him seem stupid stuff huh?  Anyway, I was simply explaining what smart was suggesting.  I don't really care if said statement is true or not, I don't think it will make a difference unless we blackout Facebook or something :0
duh.
WINNING!

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:04 am »
I'm not trying anything.  Also:

I understood him; it just doesn't make sense.

So thanks, but I don't need your help lol.  Way to contribute.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »
I still say we blackout facebook.
duh.
WINNING!

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:01 pm »
I think you're totally missing the point here.  Maddox does a pretty good job synthesizing the issue: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=pass_sopa

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:33 am »
Word, well don't die.
I'll try not to, it's not exactly something that I'm looking forward to just yet.

I'm not trying anything.  Also:

I understood him; it just doesn't make sense.

So thanks, but I don't need your help lol.  Way to contribute.
Lol.

I still say we blackout facebook.
It wouldn't really prove a point though because Facebook is against SOPA and PIPA. If anything it would show that Anonymous is just attacking people randomly and confuse their followers who won't contribute much or support them in the future plans.

That'd be like saying Anonymous should take down Google just to prove a point which, in fact, wouldn't prove anything at all because they're against SOPA and PIPA as well.
This post has been thanked 1 time pikachu

newBalance by DzinerStudio