• October 19, 2021, 08:04:18 am

Author Topic: Lack of Moderation  (Read 10686 times)

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
Lack of Moderation
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:47 pm »
It is no secret that moderation of this forum has become lax at best. Topic's going way off track, constant flaming outside the designated areas, and overall trolling in general. In the upcoming weeks, this is going to change. Since the spring semester started I have found myself with less and less time to moderate this forum alone. We are trying something new.

On more than one occasion I have stopped the current administrators/moderators from banning certain members from the forum because we haven't had real rules in place. And I'm also too nice. From this point on, I am giving the administrators free reign to remove posts, topics and to ban members as they see fit. It will be completely unbiased and will help clean up this forum.

I am also seeking new moderators for the forum to help filter the post traffic in boards. If you feel you can contribute by being part of the moderation team, send me a PM. You must be an active member of the community and provide reasons why you feel you can make a difference.

Grounds for ban: Simply avoid these to avoid a ban
- Trolling
(includes one or two word replies to posts)

- Flaming
(outside of the designated areas)

It's really that simple folks. When you post put some depth into your reply. Respect the members and admins. It's not that hard.

These new rules/regulations go into effect now. Current admins/mods will base their decisions on posts and actions that occur after this post is made. Good hunting.

Any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to reply or send me a PM.

All the best,
Scope
This post has been thanked 2 times DeCi, Smartass

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

pikachu

• Administrator
Re: Lack of Moderation
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »
I think there's an implicit (barely) point here, which is that people like myself basically haven't been doing our jobs.  In fact, I've broken the rules on a number of occasions myself.  I'd just like to say that I apologize for having allowed and participated in these events, and that I support Ed's message.

daddy

• Op Legacy
  • Addict
  • i'm higher than a martian fart
    • Devacy
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »
but.. it's the only reason I'm here..
such bm scope.
__
    |
   (_)_)//////////////////)
    /\

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »
* ɥǝnяʎ ıן apologizes
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

Tagban

• Aces Charles.. Aces.
  • Administrator
  • Addict
  • BNET.cc // Clan BNU@USEast
    • BNET.cc
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 05:26:57 pm »
*eats ɥǝnяʎ * (Moderated). No but seriously, I know I haven't been around a lot lately. Stupid career changes are HUGE for me right now. Hopefully things calm down soon. I shall prevail!
BNET.cc .. Mothers.. Lock up your daughters!

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »
I would like to take this opportunity to admit that I, undoubtedly, have done

- Flaming
(outside of the designated areas)

this more than just once and would like to apologies on my behalf to the BnetWeb community. Normally, I don't act like this and I'm not going to make any excuses to cover it up.

jake

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »
Hello all. It is no secret that I have participated in breaking of said rules, but like Ed stated the rules were not enforced at all. I would like to add that I have owned 3 small forums a few years back and would humbly accept your offer as moderator :). Lmk when i get banpowers thnx

Vault

• 卐 Dämonisch 卐
  • "When I see your smile Tears run down my face"
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:37 pm »
But.. im a cunt and i know it.
Yeh, i broke the rules? am i sorry.
Yeah =)

Hey, but seriously. i support this. :D

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:30 pm »
I would like to add that I have owned 3 small forums a few years back
That's cool, same here. Doesn't mean we technically "deserve" it yet after our past altercations with a couple other members. Think we should leave some time to improve our image and wait for them to delegate who deserves to be a Moderator.

I would also like to add:

If you feel you can contribute by being part of the moderation team, send me a PM. You must be an active member of the community and provide reasons why you feel you can make a difference.

In my honest opinion, I don't feel worthy to even ask to become a Moderator after my previous display of poor performance to some of the members on this forum. Which is why I'm going to choose not to send a message at all until I feel like I've redeemed myself.

Crisis

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:21:05 pm »
i suggest downsizing the forum so that the lesser used sections are merged together, and some useless boards are removed altogether.

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »
*disappears*
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

daddy

• Op Legacy
  • Addict
  • i'm higher than a martian fart
    • Devacy
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 02:40:56 pm »
this forum isn't about intelligent conversation or debates. it's not about coming together and helping each other out, this forum has thrived because of shit talking.. and ignorance.. why remove the only thing that keeps this place together?
__
    |
   (_)_)//////////////////)
    /\

DeCi

• ಠ_ಠ
  • Super Moderator
  • Clan Hack @USEast
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »
Feels good to be back in blue :P

@adema it's more for people who are conversing about the topic that the thread is about, and less about natural trolls like yourself ;p It's so someone isn't posting in a presidential canidate thread, expressing why they want to vote for their respective choice, and someone replying "lol fag, u dont know shit, queer" xD
]FBP[
California Grown

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 04:57:26 pm »
*disappears*
Grounds for ban: Simply avoid these to avoid a ban
- Trolling
(includes one or two word replies to posts)
Feels good to be back in blue :P
I think someone forgot to do something... ::)

this forum isn't about intelligent conversation or debates. it's not about coming together and helping each other out, this forum has thrived because of shit talking.. and ignorance.. why remove the only thing that keeps this place together?
It's only thrived that way because a strict rule such as this hasn't been enforced in a long time. And during that time, many people have left that (possibly) could have contributed to the forum. There's two sides to a forum, and your view on it is the negative and unmonitored aspect. Which leads to a lot of potential people who don't like being around that kind of negativity and end up leaving.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:34:46 pm by Smartass »

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
Is the warning system still in effect? It seems like that would help.

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »
Is the warning system still in effect? It seems like that would help.
doesn't seem like it :(
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 01:12:29 am »
I have re-instated "The Attic". This replaces the warning system. Mods/Admins simply click the "Send User to Attic" link under each post (located next to the Report to moderator link). And you'll be directed to a page asking for a reason and duration your sending that user to the attic. Simple as that.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:13 am »
Why can't I send you to the attic?  Seems unfair...

edit: can you fix the number of thanks count under our names?  That's been broken for like a year
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:27:06 am by pikachu »

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 01:48:21 pm »
maybe we can restart the MOTM as well?

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »
Think we can get another Graphics Team? The old one seems to have disappeared.

Crisis

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »
Why do we need any of those things? MOTM would only be useful if we have more active and helpful members than there are months in a year, and the graphics team doesn't do anything.

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 10:24:15 pm »
Why do we need any of those things? MOTM would only be useful if we have more active and helpful members than there are months in a year
That's the idea of this. To improve activity and attract more helpful members.
and the graphics team doesn't do anything.
They may not do anything on a regular basis, but they are there for someone to go to when wanting signatures or anything gfx related comes up. It's the fact of having them readily available when needed/wanted.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:45 pm »
Why can't I send you to the attic?  Seems unfair...

edit: can you fix the number of thanks count under our names?  That's been broken for like a year

You call it unfair, I call it planning ahead. I'll add the thanks count soon(ish).

maybe we can restart the MOTM as well?

MOTM will come back once the member base has increased.

Think we can get another Graphics Team? The old one seems to have disappeared.

Graphics team spots are available for those who have skills in designing images. It's harder to find these creative types who want to volunteer their work on this site. If you know anyone interested send them my way.

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 12:17:24 am »
Mod me.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Noah

• The Boss
  • Super Moderator
  • I'm The Boss