• July 05, 2022, 05:51:38 am

Author Topic: Casey Anthony  (Read 8783 times)

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
Re: Casey Anthony
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 01:09:55 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19casey.html?_r=3&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto
Prosecution presented unrealiable evidence to Jury. Things are not always what they seem.

The ignorant American public is quick to cast judgment and forget that we are all afforded equal protection under the law. Idiots.
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

LeerRosh

• The Blader
  • Defeat is only defeat when you dont stand back up.
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:08 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19casey.html?_r=3&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto
Prosecution presented unrealiable evidence to Jury. Things are not always what they seem.

The ignorant American public is quick to cast judgment and forget that we are all afforded equal protection under the law. Idiots.

and children aren't?
duh.
WINNING!

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »
Yes, but like I said, a Jury found her innocent of murder. Why? Because the prosecution was incompetent. The article linked above quite clearly shows the possibly illegal actions and extremes they went to to try to wring a conviction. Thankfully, a sequestered Jury isn't susceptible to public opinion polling.

Stop playing on emotion, and start thinking logically. It is tragic a child died, yes, but we as a nation have a constitutional obligation to protect Casey Anthony's rights. This DESPITE her actual guilt or innocence.

What Conservatives don't seem to understand is that justice, rights, protections, are amoral and absolutely encompassing. If we dealt justice using our gut feelings we'd just go and off everyone who we thought was guilty.

This is why liberals don't mind trying terrorists, serial killers, and rapists under the same rule of law, because we believe in our system of laws.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »
Yes, but like I said, a Jury found her innocent of murder. Why? Because the prosecution was incompetent. The article linked above quite clearly shows the possibly illegal actions and extremes they went to to try to wring a conviction. Thankfully, a sequestered Jury isn't susceptible to public opinion polling.

Stop playing on emotion, and start thinking logically. It is tragic a child died, yes, but we as a nation have a constitutional obligation to protect Casey Anthony's rights. This DESPITE her actual guilt or innocence.

What Conservatives don't seem to understand is that justice, rights, protections, are amoral and absolutely encompassing. If we dealt justice using our gut feelings we'd just go and off everyone who we thought was guilty.

This is why liberals don't mind trying terrorists, serial killers, and rapists under the same rule of law, because we believe in our system of laws.

Conservatives aren't the ones thinking Casey is guilty.  This is the entire nation, over 90% of Americans, which means strong liberals also think she is guilty and got off with killing her daughter, which means that there is no justice for Caylee.  That means the child was not protected under our rule of law.

And if you are seriously considering trying terrorists, non-Americans, under our rule of law, think of how stupid that would be.  They would be given rights they do. not. deserve.  Plus it would use more money to do it through a civilian court, would be harder to protect our secrets, and why try them when its already a foregone conclusion that they are guilty?

Our system failed with Casey Anthony.  End of story Mr. I don't listen to the other side.  We are an emotional people, to ignore that is pinheaded.
duh.
WINNING!

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »
Conservatives aren't the ones thinking Casey is guilty.  This is the entire nation, over 90% of Americans, which means strong liberals also think she is guilty and got off with killing her daughter, which means that there is no justice for Caylee.  That means the child was not protected under our rule of law.

I was speaking more in general, beyond this case. I''ve noticed a strong trend of conservatives letting their emotions get the best of them. Some examples that come to mind are Mosques in NYC, Terrorist trials, torture, etc.

You do not know with absolute certainty that she did it, or that she didnt do it. You do know one thing, there is a reasonable doubt that she did not do it(as the case was presented to the Jurors). As a result, she walks the streets.

And if you are seriously considering trying terrorists, non-Americans, under our rule of law, think of how stupid that would be.  They would be given rights they do. not. deserve.

To me that's silly. I'm not of the opinion that only Americans should be afforded civil rights under the law. If we are convicting them for breaking our laws, we should try them under our justice system. It only makes sense.

Plus it would use more money to do it through a civilian court, would be harder to protect our secrets, and why try them when its already a foregone conclusion that they are guilty?

This is utter bullshit to me. We give up the privilege of a state secret when we deal with the possible life or liberty of another human being. Alleged terrorists (key word alleged) must be afforded the same rights as any other criminal in our justice system. Everyone is entitled to their day in court. Everyone is entitled to explain and defend themselves, to face their accusers, and to be given due process under the law.

Our system failed with Casey Anthony.  End of story Mr. I don't listen to the other side.  We are an emotional people, to ignore that is pinheaded.

Our system did not fail. In fact, her being on the streets means it was a success. A person who was charged of a heinous crime with bad evidence is able to walk the street because there was reasonable doubt as to her guilt.

This is the beauty of the law. It does not always have a 1:1 correlation with your set of morals, but it is equally applied to all persons.

Everyone hates due process and reasonable doubt, until they're the ones sitting in the courtroom.
This post has been thanked 1 time K i n g o f K i n g s

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
  • "Bullshit, it's bad for ya" - George Carlin.
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 05:57:25 pm »
There is logic and then there is flawed logic, unfortunately LeerRosh cannot understand or even comprehend either one.

In an ironic twist, the system worked even though many were disappointed with the outcome. Remember folks, many people ignore the process while letting their emotions get to them just for the outcome they hope.

Yes, what the Mother did was horrible. Hopefully she will live on with the guilt inside her and that we can all agree to see happening.

I agree with most of Warrior's points here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:05:59 pm by Nico »
--Newest Tag--

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 07:08:51 pm »
upon with

* pikachu cringes

Relax there buddy, don't shock yourself now.
--Newest Tag--

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 08:39:54 pm »
You already shock me enough ;)

Crisis

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
</innuendo>

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 12:41:21 am »
You already shock me enough ;)

I suddenly feel violated...
--Newest Tag--

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 12:07:39 am »
You can't just go changing things because one time the result wasn't what you wanted. When you make changes like that, odds are you'll only end up fucking up other aspects of the situation that you didn't even realize were related.

Change should only be based on a need. If a rediculous amount of people started getting away with murdering their kids, then I'd say we need some changes. But one very emotional trial that gets everybody's cages all rattled is no reason to start re-designing out legal system.

Has anybody else noticed a sudden surge of willingness in America to change everything? More specifically give away our freedoms & civil protections in the name of 'safety' and 'protection'? I can count on one hand (with fingers to spare) the changes that have been made in this country over the past 10 years that have been beneficial to society & this country as a whole. I think this is a problem. And I think people like LeeRosh, ready to give away every civil liberty at the drop of any unnamed conservative politician's hat have done more damage to this country than Al Queda could have dreamed.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 09:19:35 am »
Loud, one thing you should count on those fingers is Jessica's Law, which has worked in the states that passed it beneficially.  and not only has it worked, I do not see how increasing the punishment for child predators takes away our freedoms.  So that is one off the top of my head, and I could name many more.

However I do agree that there are some regulations that do seem rather pointless, but very few take away freedom and civil liberties, and Caylee's law does no such thing. 

And last I checked its not an unnamed conservative pushing this.  It is a Florida congressman named Alinovi, and last I checked, this is a need.  Parenting is a horrible, horrible downcast of what it used to be.  Many do not even care about their children, hell, Casey didn't even get aggravated child abuse over not reporting her child for 31 days.  That should have been enough, so the law. needs. clarification.  It does not cost you freedom. 

the name is Leer.  get it right.
duh.
WINNING!

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »
That's a lot of words strung together there, Lear.

Try using facts and proper sentence structure, it'll help add meaning to the words. I honestly don't know what you're trying to say in the previous post other than 'i disagree'.

And you make the most broad generalizations ever. I think you've greatly overstepped your bounds in saying that parenting in America has gone to shit. What percentage of the population ends up murdered by their parents? If the number was >1% what you're saying might have some ground, but you're just straight making shit up.

Conservatives are horrible parents. They raise their kids under a blanket of ignorance, resulting in them being fucking retarded and unable to comprehend any views that aren't their own.

^That's me stealing a page from your playbook. Your move.
This post has been thanked 1 time Nico
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 06:33:05 pm »
Honestly, why bother contending against what Leerrosh has to say, logic can't pierce blind arrogance.
But nice move you pulled Loud, but i doubt Leerrosh will understand.
--Newest Tag--

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 01:40:15 am »
Conservatives are horrible parents. They raise their kids under a blanket of ignorance, resulting in them being fucking retarded and unable to comprehend any views that aren't their own.

^That's me stealing a page from your playbook. Your move.
Good thing I'm not a conservative.  However, saying parenting hasn't gone to shit, and then saying conservative parenting has....kinda ruins your point, but nice try. 
Honestly, why bother contending against what Leerrosh has to say, logic can't pierce blind arrogance.
But nice move you pulled Loud, but i doubt Leerrosh will understand.
See, there you go again.
duh.
WINNING!

Jen

• Pro Ninja
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »
This post has been thanked 3 times ɥǝnяʎ ıן, Nico, Horse

newBalance by DzinerStudio