• April 07, 2020, 02:37:22 AM

Author Topic: VetServer: BWGS, VSD2GS Project  (Read 6492 times)

ArqtekVet

• Addict
  • Oh life, When are you truly there?
VetServer: BWGS, VSD2GS Project
« on: June 27, 2011, 11:24:59 PM »
So guys I know you heard of vetserver. Brood war gaming server was only for brood war. But now im hosting a second one. I would appreciate if BnetWeb would help us support. Just as affiliation or something.

I Already affiliated BnetWeb on the home page here: http://vetsvr.no-ip.org

Second thing Is that now VS is hosting a Diablo II server PvPGN. Which is still a work in progress, the only realm up now is VSD2GS and is having problems. However, the Open Realm is working perfectly to no surprise and the closed realm is having problems. Would be great also if someone from here having knowledge of D2 servers with pvpgn could help with the closed realm.

Not that Im a ignorant person, but I have helped you guys out here too, i recommended a couple people to this site before and contributed a good bit to it. Id appreciate it if it would contribute to vetserver.

Also, our forums http://vetsvr.no-ip.org is our forum using SMF much like bnetweb
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:36:00 PM by ArqtekVet »

Matt

Re: VetServer: BWGS, VSD2GS Project
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 04:42:06 AM »
Get a top level domain and your whole server will have much more credibility. no-ip is yucky.
This post has been thanked 1 time ɥǝnяʎ ıן

кηιgнтяι∂єя

• Funny huh?
  • Clan RaGe
    • .::Clan RaGe::.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »
Can't afford one.

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
i have one... but i used no-ip bc ip is not static. All i wanted was an affiliation :P. But yes, if you play brood war please come by too! and register on our forums. Really asking Support here

Matt

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:52:16 AM »
Most good domain hosts offer DynamicDNS features for people with dynamic IP's like you. Check you domain hosts control panel.

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:55:56 AM »
So Bnetweb, I was thinking I need to write a new about page for my site. How does this one compare to the other one I made: here http://vetsvr.no-ip.org/about.html << old one

This is the new one below.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY TO JOIN VETSERVER!

#1. Too many hackers, VetServer Admins will ban and remove these players, under reasonable cause and with proof of hacking.

#2. Ladder, Brood war lovers love ladder. Brood War activity started to decrease after ladder was disabled in early 2007. VetServer has ladder.

#3. Reporting those pesky cheaters has never been easier. You can report hackers on Battle.net. But that does not mean they will get back in touch with you. VetServer Admins will deal with the situations appropriately and address them in a professional manner.

#4. Site, users have a website to go to. To check for news, tournaments. We even have forums where you can post and share experience in game play and other interest!

#5. Channels, Blizzard could care less about this stuff on battle.net. But we do care. Clans can have channels requested in channel list. Players can communicate with administrators.

#6. Winbots, Players on battle.net are able to use winbots and get away with it. Vetserver administrators check records and rankings regularly. so that if there are any absurd increases within minutes or timing. The account will be questioned by an admin.

#7.  The Chance to become and admin, Like being a person who can fix, resolve issues and be in control but not abuse there power? its a great opportunity.

#8. You can become a server host in another location. It is of course a very high security issue. But a chance to do this background checks and numerous security skills must be acquired.

#9. With all these presented Why not join vetserver? We have a positive motive to continue support and positive energy amongst almost important. Community!

#10. The old days, we all miss them. Brood War was and still is a legendary game. For a game of its time it has stood through time, Even though brood war is a good game. With the release of Star craft II wings of liberty. Brood war has shown a large decrease in community. This is not only because of SCII. But other things as well. cheaters/hackers have played their part in hurting this community and its legit players. Yes some say it is just a game. But if it is just a game why are users cheating and ruining such a fun experience. It may be fun for them but others like official legit and a clean game to play in. People want what they had in 1998 - 2004 era. We can help you there.

That is all I can say. The rest is up to you, lets make this happen guys!

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 02:42:26 AM »
Some advice: Advertise on reddit/starcraft or TeamLiquid.   You won't get much users here.  And make the site more gaming professional like iccup.  And offer something, new features , anything that sets your server apart.  And get a proper domain name.

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
Ok guys there has been major upgrades to the old site and forum. We now use portal. Which site and forum is combined.

http://vetsvr.no-ip.org

Also to help out our community, If bnetweb would do the same for me I would add a Affiliation button. near the top right side of the site./forum

Check it :)

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:59 PM »
Over a month and he still hasn't gotten a top level domain yet...
This post has been thanked 3 times EternalReaper, Matt, Jailout2000

Matt

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
It only costs like $15 a year or something through no-ip.org. So he doesn't even have to change much of his setup.

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »
It only costs like $15 a year or something through no-ip.org. So he doesn't even have to change much of his setup.
I smell.... laziness.
This post has been thanked 1 time Jailout2000

Jailout2000

• Computer Enthusiast
  • Enthusiast
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 11:17:17 PM »
$15? LOL. What a waste.

$9.99/yr per .com/.net/.org if you go with 1&1 Web Hosting. They'll even allow you to bring your own "external" domain (such as no-ip.org or dot.tk domains) and use that with your web hosting for free. 1&1 never looks at your files or your website unless forced to by authorities and whatnot, so it's great.

Heh that's even another thing you could do, get a dot.tk domain (vetserver.tk?). Only problem is dot.tk is snappy about you having illegal stuff or not using your domain for web hosting though. However, if you have a server up on port 80, and have other stuff on other ports as well, they seem to leave you alone.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:29:43 PM by Jailout2000 »
Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

BnetDocs.org | Clan-Warp.net

Matt

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
.tk don't do a dynamic IP DNS service, which is the whole reason he uses no-ip.org if you read his post. They also look crap.

Sure you can get domains cheaper elsewhere and most of the registrars even provide a dynamic dns service too. But from buying a domain from no-ip.org it will allow him to update his no-ip.org domain while also updating the top level domain without having to run another updater program. An extra $5 a year is pocket change really...

The 1&1 hosting you're spruiking is also pretty standard with even the budget hosts...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:09:42 AM by Matt »

Jailout2000

• Computer Enthusiast
  • Enthusiast
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:24 AM »
Cool story bro.

$5 isn't pocket change when you have no job.
Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

BnetDocs.org | Clan-Warp.net

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 02:17:11 AM »
Have job..

Make 8.50 hour work full time.

Care to pay provided free service?

Not really.

Btw, I host this on no-ip. simply because its free. There is no way I can profit from this. or the community. Its for the community and for free. There is no money involved.

Anyway. Until at least i get some decent user base or something I wont upgrade to a better domain. Why does a domain matter anyway. search brood war server in google. vetserver is number 4 in list.

EternalReaper

• Addict
  • .-=* UnKnoWn *=-.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 03:12:41 AM »
Have job..

Make 8.50 hour work full time.

Care to pay provided free service?

Not really.

Btw, I host this on no-ip. simply because its free. There is no way I can profit from this. or the community. Its for the community and for free. There is no money involved.

Anyway. Until at least i get some decent user base or something I wont upgrade to a better domain. Why does a domain matter anyway. search brood war server in google. vetserver is number 4 in list.

This post has been thanked 1 time Smartass
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:46:42 AM by EternalReaper »

| Clan SCN@USEast | EternalReaper@USEast |
| Clan Idle@USWest | EternalReaper@USWest |

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
There is no way I can profit from this. or the community. Its for the community and for free. There is no money involved.
You could get a profit from trafficking, but then again, you'd also have to take the small risk of spending $15 to get the top level domain just to see if you would benefit from the traffic on your website.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
You could get a profit from trafficking, but then again, you'd also have to take the small risk of spending $15 to get the top level domain just to see if you would benefit from the traffic on your website.

Since you've used the term twice now, I feel the need to correct you.  Top level domains are things like com, net, org, gov etc.  Second level domains are things like example.com or .co.uk.  Fully qualified domains are things like google.com, whois.net, wikipedia.org, bnls.mattkv.net (sup Matt) and whitehouse.gov.

Also, if you're paying $15 for a new domain name, you're using the wrong registrar.  Have a nice day.

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 06:09:29 PM »

Since you've used the term twice now, I feel the need to correct you.  Top level domains are things like com, net, org, gov etc.  Second level domains are things like example.com or .co.uk.  Fully qualified domains are things like google.com, whois.net, wikipedia.org, bnls.mattkv.net (sup Matt) and whitehouse.gov.

Also, if you're paying $15 for a new domain name, you're using the wrong registrar.  Have a nice day.
Way to put me on the spot.  :'(

EternalReaper

• Addict
  • .-=* UnKnoWn *=-.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »

Dont respond to it, youll only encourage it to respond back.

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:19 AM »
Im so sorry. It wasn't on the first page. But the second. :|

EternalReaper

• Addict
  • .-=* UnKnoWn *=-.
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 01:25:48 AM »
Lol, that's still not even 4th, that's 5th.  :D

Smartass

• Addict
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 10:45:36 AM »

Dont respond to it, youll only encourage it to respond back.
"It" eh? lol.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 01:10:34 AM »
Yeah, he's on the same intellectual level as LeerRosh.  Don't expect him to know which pronoun to use :/

EternalReaper

• Addict
  • .-=* UnKnoWn *=-.
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 01:16:10 AM »
Told you It would respond.

newBalance by DzinerStudio