• July 05, 2022, 04:46:05 am

Author Topic: National Hiring Day  (Read 12208 times)

LeerRosh

• The Blader
  • Defeat is only defeat when you dont stand back up.
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
Re: National Hiring Day
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »
The economic jolt would be immense. But eh, we're a country full of idiots worried about a mysterious deficit fairy who doesn't even exist.
Every hour the government goes 186 million more into debt.  And also you are marginalizing your competition, which is a widely used political move that should be negated.  Most people who attempt to marginalize only get the attention of those looking for it.

Now, as a serious person, I have a response to this.  I hear the problem with the economy is a lot of things.  I used to say that the minimum wage hurt corporations hiring abilities.  Turns out, I was partially right but mostly leaning in the wrong direction.  Actually, if the minimum wage had not existed when our economy started going downhill, our unemployment rate would be double.  However, minimum wage is the reason fast food prices are higher than they have been.  So I say stop blaming them for having high prices, not their fault.

Now, a real problem was pointed out to me by a man who was named Ben H., another Bill O'Reilly premium member, and that is interest rates.  And its a strong point.  Our economy is only alive due to these minimum wage jobs, because career jobs are scarce.  But it is the fact that interest on credit cards has forced those who buy on credit to have much less money than they think.  The interest rates actually kill your money faster than your spending habits do. 

However, as of right now, jobs like those at mcdonalds allow many to get by.  Getting by is all you really need to do, but its not what we want to do, and its not easy to move up when career jobs are short.  But do not marginalize McDonalds by calling them weak jobs.  Sure if all you do is work the table at mcdonalds for 3 years straight when you are adult, that is weak.  But if you attempt to move up, and have the skills, McDonalds gives you more chance than any other fast food franchise in the US, because as stated before, they spend 8000 dollars PER CLASS to train their managers.  I have been through 3 different classes and thats 25 thousand spent on training me, and i have only been at mcdonalds a year.  So if you have a mind to move up, you can, and once you reach a certain level, it can be a career.  Many store managers are weak, and I am already in line to take over one, and thats a 50k a year job.  So its hardly a noob job, as it is one of the top 100 companies in america.

oh and warrior is right, around here its 7.25 an hour unless the store makes over 10k a day.  mine makes 5-6, so here its 7.25, 8.00 for hourly managers (which we have none).

duh.
WINNING!

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
No, it's not the interest rates on credit cards that's killing people. It's definitely the spending habits. I'm not sure how much you know/understand about how credit works, but if you pay your bill in it's entirety on time then you will pay no interest. Interest is a direct result of people spending more than they have & only paying the minimum, or people who just don't pay the full bill. If you don't fall into either category, credit card interest shouldn't be hurting you.

And a job at McDonalds is enough for a single individual to just get by. Many, many of the poverty stricken people in this country have families. It is for this reason that a job at McDonalds on minimum wage is a pretty useless job. Sure, you'll be able to pay the minimum payments on your credit cards each month, but if you have a spouse & child or two there's no way such a job will sustain. Even two parents working full time minimum wage are going to struggle to have their family stay afloat. That is of course if you don't ever go on vacation or take time off, and you don't factor in the cost to the parents for post-secondary education.

Long story short, unless you're a teen looking for some extra spending money, a McJob is a faaarrrr from even decent way to make a living.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:38 am »
50k according to multiple links i visited while googling is the max you would get as a store manager.  And people that get that salary are usually in the bigger cities and have been in that position for a long period of time.  store managers salaries range from 20kto50k.  That's a pretty big gap, most people would probably fall on the lower end. 
And to be honest, I wouldn't want to start my business career as a store manager at McDonalds when I could get the same job elsewhere at a company that actually challenges their managers and builds solid experience.
Congradufuckalations you were a manager at mcdonalds supervising teens and bum adults serving automated fast food.
gtfo, and find a better company to start out managing. then get your mba. ggthefuckin g
yes im tipsy, but im right, cause im myst
and fuck you

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:10 am »
Every job at McDonalds can be replaced by machines.  The whole concept of a "McJob" is that they can take literally any fucking idiot off the street and stick him or her into that position.  Also, there's no way training you costs $8000, unless it's like a year long course.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »
Every hour the government goes 186 million more into debt.  And also you are marginalizing your competition, which is a widely used political move that should be negated.  Most people who attempt to marginalize only get the attention of those looking for it.

So what? Every year the United States does about 14 and a half trillion dollars worth of economic activity. The United States currently has a long term debt and deficit crisis, but in the short or medium term we are in good shape.

Our economic problem is a lack of spending. Consumers are not spending money. They don't have the money to spend. Banks are not lending money, so credit is still pretty much frozen. This grinds everything, everything to a halt and starts a vicious cycle of unemployment.

The solution, the only solution, is pump priming. The Government needs to spend massive amounts, to the tune of 2 trillion dollars, or a national infrastructure program. The economic activity generated, the spending generated by this will break us our of the vicious cycle and start a self sustaining recovery.

This isn't some imaginary concept, the same thing happened during World War 2 with the New Deal and the nationalization of the entire manufacturing industry during the war. Government spent money on behalf of consumers, and in the end, we emerged from the Depression as an economic powerhouse.

How was our debt back then? WORSE than it is today. Back then, our debt to GDP ratio was 120% ! Meaning we had 20% more debt than we had money coming in. Why didnt our economy collapse, why didnt our mean debt holders come to take our debt away? Because due to Government spending, due to a recovering economy .. we grew our economy so immensely that we paid our debt down. It is called growing out of debt, and it is the only way to pay off debt.

You think the fucking insane Republican spending cuts will work? Look at Ireland, or Greece. Let's consider them one year later .. They did the big draconian spending cuts that Republicans want to impose here. Ireland cut EVERYTHING down to NOTHING. What happened?

One year later, Ireland 10 year bond interest ratings have jumped TEN PERCENT. Greece? Their deficit has GROWN because their economy SHRUNK.

Spending cuts are intrinsically contractionary, and when your economy contracts, your debt situation becomes worse.
It is counterintuitive to suggest that we can cut our spending, cut our taxes, cut everything, and expect to reduce our deficit.

There are two big contributors to the debt and deficit. Medicare (through the unfunded Part D program, thanks George Bush and Republicans) and Social Security.

Medicare had $500 billion cut out of it by the Healthcare Reform Law (the same law Republicans HATE) and actually extended its solvency for 10 more years by reducing growth rates by 2%. Social Security is in good shape as it requires minimal changes to extend solvency.

So all in all, the debt situation as described by Republicans .. is a fairytale.
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
Every job at McDonalds can be replaced by machines.  The whole concept of a "McJob" is that they can take literally any fucking idiot off the street and stick him or her into that position.  Also, there's no way training you costs $8000, unless it's like a year long course.
3 months per course.  and yes it does.  and no, i said they do background checks, so most people are ineligible.  Also they need friendly people.  Machines can seem friendly, but they arent perfect.  Plus, McDonald's is a company that GIVES BACK TO THE COMMUNITY.  So why replace it with machines?
duh.
WINNING!

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:55 pm »
they give back to the community by making people fat
This post has been thanked 1 time Nico

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:20 pm »
Yeah, there's no way a three month course for McDonald's costs $8000.  Machines > McDonald's employees.  To be honest, this is hilarious.  On top of you being a right-wing Jesus freak stripper marrying pedophile, you also work at McDonald's! LOL!

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
no one can MAKE you do anything.  People get fat BY THEIR OWN CHOICE.  McDonalds can stay alive just by ppl coming once a week, it is their own right to do what they want that hurts them.  Same with interest, your point there was well taken.  Oh, and I make 40k right now, and I am not even close to managing a store yet, im just a 2nd assistant.

Last thing on that, if you have kids and you don't make enough money, that is your own damn fault, unless of course you had no control over it.  a married couple working full time on minimum wage actually makes more than they should, but hell save it so the economy crash dont kill you.
duh.
WINNING!

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
Oh, and I make 40k right now

^ haha.  this just keeps getting better.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:37 pm »
Yeah, there's no way a three month course for McDonald's costs $8000.  Machines > McDonald's employees.  To be honest, this is hilarious.  On top of you being a right-wing Jesus freak stripper marrying pedophile, you also work at McDonald's! LOL!
Jesus freak stripper marrying guy here!  Pedophile is ridiculously negative however.  That goes too far.

A three month course for McDonald's costs MCDONALD's 8000 dollars.  In actuality its $8,160, and that was the average from 2010. That is only BSM, I have taken BSM, ASM, AND EMP, so thats over $25,000 and 8 college credits of training.  So yes, it does.  Denying it when you have no clue is stupid.
duh.
WINNING!

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:57 pm »
I don't see how it could cost that. I mean, I'm sure they TOLD you it cost them that much... But c'mon.

If you're not even 'that far' up in the chain of command, that would mean it costs the company a minimum of $8,000 per employee JUST TO TRAIN. No offense, but I don't know if you've even done eight grand worth of work since you've been employed there (if it's been 6 months or less). If a large majority of the employees (let's say, even just 60%) cost the company more to train than they actually generate in revenue, that would mean that the company is losing money.

Pair this with the high turnover rate for McJobs (it's pretty rare that if you visit a McDonalds over a one year span that there will be the same employees there the whole time, I'd say at least half will leave & be replaced), which would mean that many of the employees trained would end up quitting, leaving need for more training of new employees. If what you're saying is true, McDonalds must be spending billions every year on simply training new employees.

McDonalds didn't become the global entity it is today by hemorrhaging money. For this reason, I highly doubt that McDonalds spends that much money on training their employees.
-----

^That's where Leerosh should stop reading. Anything beyond will cause his head to spontaneously combust.

@Myst:

I agree, but we need to be very careful about the work and jobs that are created. Our country is in dire need of improvement of our infrastructure. We are also at a what I believe to be a critical juncture in history. Our society (and indeed world) need to strive for sustainability, and I believe a great jumping off point for us could be with the improvement of infrastructure that would pull us out of our economic hole. On top of helping to get our country back to where it needs to be economically, it would put us on track to sustainable development, with the government leading by example.

Damn, I think that's a good idea. Too bad it got wasted here on bnetdev, where nobody important will ever read/hear about it. Oh well.

Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
  • "Bullshit, it's bad for ya" - George Carlin.
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 10:50:34 pm »

Well, depending how many times during the day/week/month a person goes to McDonalds.
If a costumer frequently goes to McDonalds for a double BigMac with fries and a large coke 3 to 4x a week for lunch with barely getting any exercise, then yes... most certainly would get fat.

Oh and LeerRosh, this is just a small tidbit of advice i am handing out to you, Silence is Golden; so take it or leave it.

--Newest Tag--

Crisis

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:35 pm »
mcnuggets, motherfucka

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:40 pm »
mcnuggets, motherfucka

Some months ago, i ordered a 6pce pack of McNuggets and i was in shock... wtf are these tiny pieces of shit? I haven't had Mcnuggets since i was 7 of course.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:30:52 pm by Nico »
--Newest Tag--

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2011, 05:31:01 pm »
mcnuggets, motherfucka

Some months ago, i ordered a 6pce pack of McNuggets and i was in shock... wtf are these tiny pieces of shit? I haven't had Mcnuggets since i was 7 of course.
they're called chicken turds
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

EternalReaper

• Addict
  • .-=* UnKnoWn *=-.
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:13 pm »
On top of you being a right-wing Jesus freak stripper marrying pedophile, you also work at McDonald's! LOL!

Youre an idiot.

| Clan SCN@USEast | EternalReaper@USEast |
| Clan Idle@USWest | EternalReaper@USWest |

Nico

• A Canadian Guy... eh?
  • Graphics Staff
    • Xrift@DA
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 01:29:24 am »
On top of you being a right-wing Jesus freak stripper marrying pedophile, you also work at McDonald's! LOL!

Youre an idiot.

You're*

and Rick is quite a smart fellow.
--Newest Tag--

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:44 am »
I don't see how it could cost that. I mean, I'm sure they TOLD you it cost them that much... But c'mon.

If you're not even 'that far' up in the chain of command, that would mean it costs the company a minimum of $8,000 per employee JUST TO TRAIN. No offense, but I don't know if you've even done eight grand worth of work since you've been employed there (if it's been 6 months or less). If a large majority of the employees (let's say, even just 60%) cost the company more to train than they actually generate in revenue, that would mean that the company is losing money.

Pair this with the high turnover rate for McJobs (it's pretty rare that if you visit a McDonalds over a one year span that there will be the same employees there the whole time, I'd say at least half will leave & be replaced), which would mean that many of the employees trained would end up quitting, leaving need for more training of new employees. If what you're saying is true, McDonalds must be spending billions every year on simply training new employees.

McDonalds didn't become the global entity it is today by hemorrhaging money. For this reason, I highly doubt that McDonalds spends that much money on training their employees.
-----

^That's where Leerosh should stop reading. Anything beyond will cause his head to spontaneously combust.

@Myst:

I agree, but we need to be very careful about the work and jobs that are created. Our country is in dire need of improvement of our infrastructure. We are also at a what I believe to be a critical juncture in history. Our society (and indeed world) need to strive for sustainability, and I believe a great jumping off point

If you read what I said.  I said 8000 per MANAGER.
duh.
WINNING!

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »
You said something like 20k+ per manager. What's with the topsy turny twisty numbers?
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 02:17:50 am »
You said something like 20k+ per manager. What's with the topsy turny twisty numbers?
managers make 20k plus a year.  it costs 8k to train them per class.
k?
duh.
WINNING!

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 09:15:31 am »
So you're not saying it costs $8k to train you, but it costs $8k to train the entire class?  That means they didn't spend $24k on you, they probably spent more like $1-2k total.

Also, you must make like $11/hr lol.  I made more than that when I was 15.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 10:36:37 am »
Also worth noting is that McDonalds, Burger King, etc. all actually hurt the economy by being incredibly unhealthy for citizens, which as a result can pave the way to chronic illness, and higher healthcare costs. All of this vastly overshadows any potential economic shot in the arm that hiring a shitload of snotnosed teenagers would cause.

If people want some kind of perspective on the kind of hole that we're in, we're adding 240k+ jobs a month just about. It would take years of this job growth, every month, to climb us out of the recession we're in. We're about 12 MILLION jobs shy of full employment.

By the end of Obama's second term, if we keep up the pace of adding jobs (and all indicators point to scaled back private sector hiring), we'll be at around 5-6% unemployment. We absolutely need a competent jobs program in America.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

LeerRosh

• The Blader
    • Leer Realm - Clan SCN
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 12:28:01 am »
So you're not saying it costs $8k to train you, but it costs $8k to train the entire class?  That means they didn't spend $24k on you, they probably spent more like $1-2k total.

Also, you must make like $11/hr lol.  I made more than that when I was 15.

Um, no its 8k per person per class.

Also, its 24k a year for me, not based on hours.

Also, warrior, if you ate mcdonalds once a week, there is absolutely nothing unhealthy about it.  It is your damn choice to eat their food, and if you get fat because of it, blaming the fast food chains is the losing way out.

You know Obama made his way to the top in our economy from dead bottom?  and he did it with little to no help from the government.  so why is he pushing for the government to help people?  People who work to get higher get there.  Right now the competition is just tougher because there isnt enough money to help enough people.  But those who work harder get more.  for me, 24k a year is plenty to live on.  I can do that while going to college.  Why not?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:32:21 am by LeerRosh »
duh.
WINNING!

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 01:22:33 am »
Also, warrior, if you ate mcdonalds once a week, there is absolutely nothing unhealthy about it.  It is your damn choice to eat their food, and if you get fat because of it, blaming the fast food chains is the losing way out.

The way you parrot around their talking points, you'd swear you were a member of their corporate apparatus. Fast food chains are enablers of obesity, and contribute in a significant manner to rising health costs. The fact is, fast food is both addictive and aggresively advertised, to the point where arguably, the personal responsibility part that falls on the consumer is greatly diminished.

It is exactly the same, exactly the same, as what Tobacco companies do with their products.

You know Obama made his way to the top in our economy from dead bottom?  and he did it with little to no help from the government.  so why is he pushing for the government to help people?

Do me a favor. Graph the rate increases of wages, and the income disparity in this country back when Obama was up and coming. I guarantee you that there was a lot more equality of opportunity back then.

You mean the same Obama who took out (Federal) loans for his college costs? You know Federal means Government right?

People who work to get higher get there.  Right now the competition is just tougher because there isnt enough money to help enough people.  But those who work harder get more.  for me, 24k a year is plenty to live on.  I can do that while going to college.  Why not?

The issue is, the Government has the capacity to make things better. It should make things better. If Government can enact strict bargaining with Drug companies (as other Countries successfully do) to bring down Prescription drug prices, then why not?

If Government can regulate banks (As they did pretty well until the late 80s and early 90s) and keep them from causing a global financial crisis, then why shouldn't they?

If Government can subsidize and invest in the future of every American so that they can go to an affordable college, and if they can keep the shady For Profit private colleges from exploiting Americans, then why shouldn't they?

If Government can create jobs while rebuilding crumbling roads, bridges, and tunnels, along with laying highspeed rail and investing significantly in green energy .. then why shouldnt they?

This irrational fear of Government has got to fucking stop. It is not only bat shit fucking insane, it is dangerous. We have a crisis bigger than this recession, or global finance. We have a crisis bigger than any war, and more threatening than 20 Osama Bin Ladens.

We have a serious problem. We have a fucking stupid electorate of absolutely insane radical rascist pieces of conservative shit who elect these goddamn Republican morons into office every election. We're quite possibly one of the only nations on EARTH with Conservatives as fucking crazy as this. We're a global embarassment that we even have such insane debates over what are no brainers in other countries.

You think China even fucking thinks twice about investing in infrastructure? Their Stimulus was 60% of their fucking GDP. They are ten times as nimble as we are, and we're suffering competetively because of it. They're going to suck up ALL the future green energy jobs because we're too busy dicking around pretending to give a fuck about what Conservatives think.
This post has been thanked 2 times Nico, K i n g o f K i n g s

newBalance by DzinerStudio