• November 29, 2022, 08:48:45 am

Author Topic: Introducing Reticle  (Read 7397 times)

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
Introducing Reticle
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:52:18 pm »
Reticle is a Battle.net chat bot with many unique features. It is written in C# and uses the BN# library to connect to battle.net. It requires .NET 4.0 to properly run (haven't tested on 3.5 systems). So far it only supports local hashing, BNLS might be added in the near future. It is completely open source and viewable/downloadable anytime from http://code.google.com/p/reticle/

Some features it supports as of now:
-- Multi-profile
-- All standard Battle.net clients (STAR, SEXP, W2BN, D2DV, D2XP, WAR3, W3XP)
-- Convert links to clickable URLs
-- Embeds YouTube videos inside the bot
-- Embed images inside the bot
-- Chat animations (fade in, slide down, bounce in, etc)

I'm looking for ideas/suggestions/bugs/comments/features that you would like to see. Please make a topic for feature requests and/or bugs. Do not reply to this topic asking for additions, they will be ignored.

Some screenshots:

// Main Screen

// Embedded YouTube Video

// Embedded image

You can download the bot from its google page (hashes are required and are not included). Get hashes here.

Download: http://code.google.com/p/reticle/downloads/list

So, let me know what you think ;)

This post has been thanked 4 times Myst, Crisis, Skye~, Vault
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:56:48 pm by Scope »

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

K i n g o f K i n g s

Re: Introducing Reticle
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:04:08 pm »
Looks very nice, might consider using if I load a bot.

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

Crisis

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »
Cool.

Gloss

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:22:44 pm »
this would be a better bot if the only thing you had to download and install was the bot. now im never going to get use it :\

¯\_(O.O)_/¯

• The Legacy
    • The Legacy
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 11:30:43 pm »
Code: [Select]
[10:32:03 PM]Event Exception Thrown: (JoinedChannel) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at Reticle.Helper.ConvertHTML(String html) at Reticle.Bot.JoinedChannel(Object sender, ServerChatEventArgs e) at BNSharp.BattleNet.BattleNetClient.__InvokeJoinedChannel(Priority p, ServerChatEventArgs e) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
[10:32:04 PM]Event Exception Thrown: (InformationReceived) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at Reticle.Helper.ConvertHTML(String html) at Reticle.Bot.InformationReceived(Object sender, ServerChatEventArgs e) at BNSharp.BattleNet.BattleNetClient.__InvokeInformationReceived(Priority p, ServerChatEventArgs e) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
[10:32:04 PM]Event Exception Thrown: (InformationReceived) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at Reticle.Helper.ConvertHTML(String html) at Reticle.Bot.InformationReceived(Object sender, ServerChatEventArgs e) at BNSharp.BattleNet.BattleNetClient.__InvokeInformationReceived(Priority p, ServerChatEventArgs e) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
[10:32:04 PM]Event Exception Thrown: (JoinedChannel) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' at Reticle.Helper.ConvertHTML(String html) at Reticle.Bot.JoinedChannel(Object sender, ServerChatEventArgs e) at BNSharp.BattleNet.BattleNetClient.__InvokeJoinedChannel(Priority p, ServerChatEventArgs e) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

??
http://devacy.com/
Op Legacy@USEast

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:14 am »
Gloss, the only pre-requisite is .NET 4.0, which is standard in Windows environments.

Goran, you need the image file for the hashes as well. Place it in the hash folder. I'll fix this in the next version to auto-load it.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 12:13:03 am »
In the meantime, just the place the following in its correct hash folder, depending what you want to load on.

sc: http://darkblizz.org/Hashes/STAR.bin
wc2: http://darkblizz.org/Hashes/W2BN.bin
d2: http://darkblizz.org/Hashes/DRTL.bin

Also if you embedded Youtube links don't work, it's because your IE flashplayer isn't up to date.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 01:41:31 am »
You should probably build this with compatibility for 2.0.  I doubt you're using any features newer than that.

edit: it's a decent download if you don't have 4.0

Gloss

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 01:17:12 pm »
this would be a cool bot if it was just download -> config -> connect
i cant get it running because too many errors come up before the bot even loads and when it does load it gives me errors for when it tries to connect. waaayyy too much work.

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:43:41 am »
Not bad scope. I like the image and youtube video display that is pretty neat. Windows Vista comes with framework 2.0 and win7 comes with 3.5 by default. 4.0 was released way after windows 7 was released so it's not safe to assume everyone has framework 4.0. I noticed that you update the GUI for everyone profile even if the profile isn't selected. This could cause performance issues should multiple profiles receive massive amounts of events that need to be written to the GUI.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:51:53 am by Mike »

Tagban

• Aces Charles.. Aces.
  • Administrator
  • Addict
  • BNET.cc // Clan BNU@USEast
    • BNET.cc
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 09:39:30 am »
Mike: He had it running while Clan Bweb was being loaded/spammed and it seemed fine.
BNET.cc .. Mothers.. Lock up your daughters!

Gloss

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 01:40:15 pm »
yea idk i kept getting errors when i tried to connect it. idk i installed that 4.0 stuff. so idk

Jen

• Pro Ninja
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
Mike: He had it running while Clan Bweb was being loaded/spammed and it seemed fine.
out of the, few days?, that clan bweb was being spammed, l2uthless chat's filters only got about 13k filtered messages on my bot, which isn't a lot... I would recommend that you test it with a heavier load.

Tagban

• Aces Charles.. Aces.
  • Administrator
  • Addict
  • BNET.cc // Clan BNU@USEast
    • BNET.cc
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »
Mine installed and connected with no issue.
BNET.cc .. Mothers.. Lock up your daughters!

Gloss

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »
my ruth chat has over 1 millin filtered msgs, always gets most of the spam cept for a few

Vault

• 卐 Dämonisch 卐
  • "When I see your smile Tears run down my face"
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 05:23:37 am »
i really like the look, don't have 4.0 yet tho! :(
T_T

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 05:25:12 pm »
1.0 Alpha 2 is coming soon. Lots of feature enhancements and additions. I may change a few things so .NET 3.5 is sufficient, I'll have to see what needs to be sacrificed.

Mike

• Asgard Developer
  • Addict
    • mikeownage.com
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:34:29 am »
Scope, just one profile in a channel with an below average flood won't be an issue, but say multiple profiles were viewing a heavy flood you would most likely have the GUI lock up. Asgard3 doesn't use my new GUI system i was working on as it would require some work to change 3.0 over to the new UI system i wrote. I could send you what I was working on as my example uses the Web Browser control as well, let me know if you would like for me to send you the example.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:02 am »
I'll have to see what needs to be sacrificed.

Nothing.  I guarantee you're not using a single feature after 2.0.  Build it for 2.0, it's basically the same as 3.5 (don't ask) and you can target a lot more systems.

l2k-Shadow

• l2k-Shadow
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 12:14:50 am »
When I first saw this topic, I thought it read "receptacle."
/)  /)
( -.- )
o_(")(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

DavidK

• Death from Above
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 01:25:42 am »
I was pretty sure it said rectile at first

"...fast forward to the end, fast forward to the end, cause i'm the hero in this movie..." - Pastor Shepherd

ben_fb

• Addict
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 09:20:14 am »
yeah I first read rectile too, you might want to consider a name change before it's too late haha

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 02:17:23 pm »
yeah I first read rectile too, you might want to consider a name change before it's too late haha
I'll answer this for Ed.

[5:10:59.434 PM] <Bot> my queston is, why did you name it reticle
[5:11:00.610 PM] <Bot> =/
[5:11:15.632 PM] <Scope> logical considering my name
[5:11:31.202 PM] <Bot> scope?
[5:11:51.196 PM] <Bot> should rename it to Bot, name it after me :P
[5:11:53.067 PM] <Scope> retical is another name for the crosshairs in a scope
[5:11:56.595 PM] <Scope> reticle*
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »
Battle.net has the collective vocabulary of a 4th grader.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 12:19:19 am »
adding a new tab for embedded stuff is unnecessary. You can choose to embed it immediately within the profile the link is in, or by clicking the link, or not at all. I don't see a reason to add a new tab for a video/image. Embedding mp3's is possible, not sure the value since anyone who wants someone to listen to something doesn't post an mp3 link, they simply post a youtube link.

newBalance by DzinerStudio