• January 27, 2023, 11:48:11 pm

Author Topic: Best PHP editor...?  (Read 2350 times)

Loud

• Banned
Best PHP editor...?
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:42:34 pm »
I'm fucking around in PHP, and I was wondering if there was any PHP editor that could display as you edit?

Sort of like the 'Design' view in Adobe Dreamweaver, but it could parse PHP and HTML and that kinda stuff... I'm currently using Dreamweaver, but it doesn't parse PHP and I can't find a way to make it do so.

Sooo, if you either know of an application that does that, or know how to make Dreamweaver parse and correctly display PHP, then please let me know. The free-er the better.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
Re: Best PHP editor...?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:17:26 pm »
You would need to install php on the computer your editting in. Then you can simply save to a local file, and view in your browser locally, with no need to upload. Notepad++ is the best PHP editting tool in my opinion.
This post has been thanked 1 time Mesiah

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Loud

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:21 pm »
Notepad++ doesn't offer syntax completion, does it? Not that it HAS to, it'd just make my noobie life easier.
Get money.
Rock ice.
Fuck hoes.

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:32:21 pm »
Notepad++ doesn't offer syntax completion, does it? Not that it HAS to, it'd just make my noobie life easier.

There might be a plugin that might, but no it won't do it from a default install.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

newBalance by DzinerStudio