• January 27, 2023, 10:03:19 pm

Author Topic: Starting idea  (Read 3236 times)

K i n g o f K i n g s

Starting idea
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:09:09 pm »
basically I had an idea about an anti hack that I may try to program (and learn to program during that time) however I want to know if the concept is possible. I pmed several people about this and the only one I heard back from was scope (and he wasn't sure)
I was thinking is it possible to send false warden signals to other people in the game (since most things disconnect so that they are not detected by warden)?

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.
Going from Windows to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
Re: Starting idea
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:11:34 pm »
an antihack for sc?
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:35 pm »
I believe the warden requests come over your BNCS connection.  Since the Starcraft in-game uses a separate UDP protocol and communicates directly between the clients, there would be no way to send your own warden requests.  On the other hand, if people disconnect from BNCS to use the hacks, you could check every 30 seconds or so if the other members are still connected to Battle.net.  If not, drop them.

Jusτị¢e

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:43:46 pm »
why dont you spend your time doing something useful.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »
Like learning to program?  Ya Justice, that definitely doesn't sound useful.
This post has been thanked 1 time K i n g o f K i n g s

Jusτị¢e

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:30 pm »
Then program something useful, follow some tutorials. Not make some bullshit for a game.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »
That's how I learned to program and now I'm working with genetic computation and artificial neural networks.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »
I believe the warden requests come over your BNCS connection.  Since the Starcraft in-game uses a separate UDP protocol and communicates directly between the clients, there would be no way to send your own warden requests.  On the other hand, if people disconnect from BNCS to use the hacks, you could check every 30 seconds or so if the other members are still connected to Battle.net.  If not, drop them.
So BNCS connects you to blizzard servers/warden and UDP connects you to other people in the game is what your saying?

In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable. How come people can sell Microsoft software and go unpunished?
The Linux philosophy is "laugh in the face of danger". Oops. Wrong one. "Do it yourself". That's it.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:50 pm »
BNCS = battle.net chat server.  It's the servers and protocols used when you connect to something like useast.battle.net on port 6112.

UDP = user datagram protocol.  It's another protocol on the transport layer (as opposed to something like say, TCP).

In essence however, yes.

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:01 pm »
BNCS = battle.net chat server.  It's the servers and protocols used when you connect to something like useast.battle.net on port 6112.

UDP = user datagram protocol.  It's another protocol on the transport layer (as opposed to something like say, TCP).

In essence however, yes.
Is it just the set I.P. addresses for useast or does it send an authentication to the program to show it is part of BNCS?

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:49 pm »
I'm not sure what you're asking.

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 05:34:31 pm »
the ip address for say uswest, useast, europe, hes asking if its a set one or all of them
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:26 pm »
All of what?  Are you asking about how the domain resolves to an address?

K i n g o f K i n g s

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 09:04:09 pm »
Do programs identify a request by BNCS by the I.P. it comes from or is it by a authentication sent or is it solely because the request comes from port 6112

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:08 pm »
You actively create a socket and maintain a connection to the server, so all data that comes across the wire will get handled by your bncs handler.  You don't just magically get access to all the data going over the network and then pick it out by ip or port.

newBalance by DzinerStudio