• January 22, 2022, 09:37:51 pm

Author Topic: VetServer 2.0 [UPDATE] PvPGN Stats/Ladder working  (Read 5586 times)

ArqtekVet

• Addict
  • Oh life, When are you truly there?
VetServer 2.0 [UPDATE] PvPGN Stats/Ladder working
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »
I have managed (in my spare time) to use the materials and other software that the PvPGN developers made to host a private Brood War gaming Server. Before I had little knowledge of MySQL and PHP but I have learned a lot through this process. I successfully setup databases and scripts to work with the server. here http://vetserver.us/vs and Have a forum willing to support users that want to use the server for Brood War Gaming http://vetserver.us I am looking for Moderators/Adminisrators as well as StarCraft Brood War gamers! Anyone interested in joining can come on down and to the forum. Like I said this is still a little knew to me, Yes I have a very large idea what im doing and would like people also to play on this server giving me more ideas on things i could do with the site, community, forums etc.

I know alot of you guys love the original battle.net. No offense to you however, it is not ideal to game on as it is currently being over-run with hackers and no support to get rid of them. Since I will be finding moderators and such we can have 24/7 Free support and active legit gaming community. Removing hackers will be the number one priority and will not let it fall behind like blizzard has with the original battle.net. Battle.net has served us for all these years and i think it should be time the Brood War gaming community should move on. Hackers have basically over run the community and spaming has been non-stop. Blizzard really provides hardly any or little support for its legacy games. People willing to support them for free are simply declined by blizzard as you must be in the office to work for them, yes even for free. VetServer however, allows you to work for free. Even at home.

To get started using vetserver please sign up on the forums and connect following the tutorial :)

http://vetserver.us

Thank you

-Arq

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
Re: VetServer 2.0 [UPDATE] PvPGN Stats/Ladder working
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:47 pm »
How are you preventing hacking on your server

Warden

• BNTA Admin
    • Battle.net Terrorist Alliance
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:29:45 pm »

Probably like: Report -> Interrogate -> You have been found guilty by a Jury of your peers -> Ipban/Account closure.

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »
Eh thats the easy part man, actually do something about the hackers unlike blizzard does. Simply have people report them to me or other moderators when i get some. They can watch the replay and so can many others and decide if hacker is detected or not. Also we could use BWHF program with this as well. like warden siad we could also ip ban and account close seeing how records will mean something. Winbotting will not be tolerated on this server.

ɥǝnяʎ ıן

• Super Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:19 pm »
It's not hard to change an IP Address, so IPBans are practically useless...
[09:39:13 PM] «[].[].[].[].@USEast» Do you know what the best letters of the alphabet are?
[09:39:21 PM] «DeCi@USEast» h e n r y

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:31:21 pm »
The majority of hackers are script kiddies anyhow. So it wouldnt be pointless, the majority of hackers dont even know what an ip address is or how to change it.

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »
The majority of hackers are script kiddies anyhow. So it wouldnt be pointless, the majority of hackers dont even know what an ip address is or how to change it.

Hackers and script kiddies are mutually exclusive terms.  Every hacker will know what an IP address is.

edit: if you're talking about people who cheat with a game, then stop calling them hackers

ArqtekVet

• Addict
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »
Oh my mistake.. Well ya cheaters i mean.. in brood war that use hacks.

Mesiah

• Addict
  • Programmer of StonerBot
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 11:07:07 am »
IMO, a hacker is a loose definition for anybody who decides to take an interest to exploit something. This would definitely include crackers, cheaters, "script kiddies", etc. The original hackers exploited the telephone network before the internet was around, all they were doing was exploiting something to make it more useful for themselves, to gain the upper hand if you will.

Matt

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 09:21:00 am »
Good look in trying to prevent cheaters. If there was an efficient method I'm sure Blizzard would of implemented it by now. Be prepared to get lots of reports from people who just plain suck and reported them because they lost.

newBalance by DzinerStudio