• May 18, 2022, 05:44:55 am

Author Topic: Aegis - Moderation Bot  (Read 5608 times)

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
Aegis - Moderation Bot
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:37 pm »

Aegis - A multi-profiled, multi-platform supported moderation bot, that will secure your channel with ease. 
Created by BaDaSs

Features
Current Aegis features include:
  • Plugin Support (Event Based)
  • Documentation will be available soon.
  • STAR,SEXP,D2DV,D2XP,W2BN,WAR3,W3XP Supported.
  • XML Configuration
  • Multi-profile support.
  • Can run as a service with administrative access. (No Console Window)

Download Links
Windows Version
Linux Version
Mac Version

Bugs/Support Post Here
Screenshots

www.DarkBlizz.org - Got Bots?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:58:29 pm by Myst »

кηιgнтяι∂єя

• Funny huh?
  • Clan RaGe
    • .::Clan RaGe::.
Re: Aegis - Moderation Bot
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:53:59 pm »
woot. like the youtube video tho.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:55:44 pm by KŋğĦtRĐě »

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 01:16:02 am »
Features
Current Aegis features include:
  • Documentation will be available soon.
  • XML Configuration

Neither of those are features.

www.DarkBlizz.org - Got Bots?

Why would you post a YouTube video of this?  Just make a gif or something...

Scope

• Founder
  • Main Administrator
    • BnetWeb
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 01:38:56 am »

Yay....minus the watermark. lol.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 01:43:03 am »
haha nice, and yes I know they arnt features, i just did a quick copy and paste from creators description. get over it
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:40:37 am by Myst »

Matt

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 04:59:59 am »
So what actual Moderation Features does this have apart from just saying it's a Moderation bot?

Crisis

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:00 am »
wat do

BaDaSs

• All Your Base Are Belong To Us.
  • Addict
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:22 pm »
Documentation will be available on the next release. It will include the plugin accessors and commands currently available. Also will explain the features.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
-Op N1 @USEast-
http://networkone.dyndns.biz

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 02:58:57 pm »
Mac and Linux versions now available. Help us test it out

pikachu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:41:08 pm »
Can we just put a moratorium on creating legacy Battle.net software?

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:57 pm »
gtfo this thread
This post has been thanked 1 time pikachu

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 10:12:06 pm »
For those Mac users, currently it does not run in console so you won't see anything after you do ./Aegis. 
But the bot will connect to bnet and will be running as a background process.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:09 pm »
heres a bot, we wont tell you how to use it, but please some how figure it out and post bugs.
This post has been thanked 2 times ɥǝnяʎ ıן, Mike
In capitalist America, bank robs you.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:08:48 am »
Look who's talking...

Anyway Mac version now runs in terminal.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03:43 am »
i'm talking, i dont get your point? hmm, maybe if i make myself clearer it'll help.

a bot is released, with no documentation, with the most unintuitive experience ever, and users are expected to install this black box of unknown and turn the right knobs and hit the right buttons, then report back any bugs. no mention of expected behavior, unimplemented behavior, or even how to poke and prod the damn thing.

i don't see how any of what ive done (which is have five stellar beta releases with over 1k unique downloads, minimal crashes, and be widely complimented as having the most unique and intuitive user experience probably ever devised for a battle.net bots, I took the concept of a bot and implemented it right) compares to what is done here.

i had a revolutionary product, what is here is little more than a youtube video of a logo.

Choosing to code in an unmanaged language/platform is like choosing a hotel where you have to clean your own room.

Myst

• BotMaster
  • Clan Null - Op 0x00
    • DarkBlizz
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »
Documentation will be available on the next release. It will include the plugin accessors and commands currently available. Also will explain the features.

And get over yourself, your bot which was very nice looking didn't work as expected.  It did have problems which were widely mentioned, and if it was done right, you would have 1k+ sustained users of the bot which it does not currently have.  Hell I would've been using it myself right now on my Mac if it didn't have problems.
And no it wasn't revolutionary, at most it was "revolutionary" in terms of visual appeal since Mythic Chat and its use of Alpha Blending.  Yes your bot so far is the best looking bot ever.

Now this isn't a thread meant for you to post your accomplishments in and this bot isn't a in a competition between you.  As the author stated the documentation is coming soon and further things will be explained about it.   It was merely a developmental beta release to see how it worked on other platforms and we have been getting feedback on that, which those bugs have been fixed. 

So for once take your ego out of this thread or post somewhere else.  You are a professional programmer in the industry, its unbecoming that you quibble with hobbyist/up and coming programmers in the battle.net world.

If you have any suggestions or something related to the bot itself then please post accordingly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:24:40 pm by Myst »

BaDaSs

• All Your Base Are Belong To Us.
  • Addict
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »
@Myst, Thanks for posting this.

@Warrior, what's with the typical antics?

I'm aware there is no documentation, nor do I care at this point. Its stated several times that its in development release stage. The current README, however, DOES contain a list of available commands, though not all of them, for those users to have a sort of 'poke n prod' feel for the bot. Also, the plugin file (temporary architecture for testing, again) has every current available accessor implemented in the example. Once the documentation is written I'll be sure to give a much more in-depth and detailed explanation of how everything works, until then, I'll just be releasing things for those who want to see what's up. I won't, however, feel obliged to accommodate any haters.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
-Op N1 @USEast-
http://networkone.dyndns.biz

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 10:48:21 am »
I just don't understand. I was not talking about next release, I was talking about this release, and how I found it funny you expected people to test it without any sort of documentation, especially when testing it surely calls for such documentation. Nothing to do with the next version, so your quote is besides the point completely.

And get over yourself, your bot which was very nice looking didn't work as expected.  It did have problems which were widely mentioned, and if it was done right, you would have 1k+ sustained users of the bot which it does not currently have.

I'm not claiming it was perfect, but it was as close as perfect as anyone has ever come. It was the most modern, most performant, and visually appealing Bot ever devised. Problems it had, I'll be the first to say that, considering I knew its internals more intricately than anyone else, however it was significantly, miles, lightyears ahead of anything to ever exist.

And no it wasn't revolutionary, at most it was "revolutionary" in terms of visual appeal since Mythic Chat and its use of Alpha Blending. 

Yes it was. It was revolutionary in that it shed the traditional Bot bullshit for a clean, focused chatting experience. It didn't have stupid shit like anti idles, or winamp support, a vbscript plugin system, or tic-tac-toe. Everything it implemented, it did it well, and I am quite proud of that fact.

Yes your bot so far is the best looking bot ever.

Well that's a given.

Now this isn't a thread meant for you to post your accomplishments in and this bot isn't a in a competition between you.

You brought up Superiority when you implied that past experiences with my Bot made me some kind of hypocrite. I reminded you that I had one of the most successful Beta runs ever from Beta1-5 with over 1,000 unique downloads and an overwhelming majority of positive feedback.

So for once take your ego out of this thread or post somewhere else.  You are a professional programmer in the industry, its unbecoming that you quibble with hobbyist/up and coming programmers in the battle.net world.

It seems whenever someone has a differing opinion, that the person is egotistic. Heh.

If you have any suggestions or something related to the bot itself then please post accordingly.

I do. Don't waste your time on a plugin system at most 0 people will use.

warrior

• Jesus Christ.
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 10:52:48 am »
@Warrior, what's with the typical antics?

Huh?

I'm aware there is no documentation, nor do I care at this point.

I don't care that you care or not. I think this is where you, and Myst get confused. I've never cared about what either of you think. All I did was make an observation. You two chose to reply. People should stop replying to me as if I'm wrong, because I'm not.

I'll just be releasing things for those who want to see what's up. I won't, however, feel obliged to accommodate any haters.

That's a good attitude. I mean that seriously. People don't know whats good for them, and as a programmer it is your job to be the hand that guides them. However, as a programmer, you also must have the right ideas or you'll drive them right off of a cliff. I saw something which I found comical so I commented on it, that's it, I don't give a rats ass about this project which will likely be forgotten about in a few months time, but I do think it was important for me to set the record straight.

Jusτịe

• Graphics Staff
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 11:39:00 am »
nice youtube video....lol.

newBalance by DzinerStudio